Web-Based Teaching & Learning: a Virtual Learning Experience Integrating Emerging Technologies
Haihong Hu, University of Central Arkansas, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-02-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
With the rapid growing popularity and evolving nature of distance education in the United States, and the continuing development of new technologies, there is an emergent need for an up-to-date course on Web-Based Teaching and Learning (WBTL) for Instructional Technology (IT) graduate students. This presentation will discuss the design process of and principles applied to an online collaborative learning experience in such a course, which was intended to integrate various forms of emerging technologies. The Course Activity Effectiveness Evaluation results will also be shared.
Hu, H. (2013). Web-Based Teaching & Learning: a Virtual Learning Experience Integrating Emerging Technologies. In R. McBride & M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2013--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 572-575). New Orleans, Louisiana, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/48166/.
- Allen, I.E. & Seaman, J. (2011). Going the Distance: Online Education in the United States 2011, Babson Survey Research Group. Retrieved 11/15/11 from, http://sloanconsortium.org/publications/survey/going_distance_2011 Anzai, Y. (2008). Introducing a Wiki in EFL Writing Class. In C. Bonk et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning inCorporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2008 (pp. 547552).
- Huang, W.D. (2010). Effects on Online Transactional Interactions from a Case Study. MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching Vol. 6, No. 1, March 2010. Retrieved from http://jolt.merlot.org/vol6no1/huang_0310.pdf
- Li, Q., Moorman, L. & Dyjur, P. (2010). Inquiry-based learning and e-mentoring via videoconferencing: A study of mathematics and science learning of Canadian rural students. Educational Technology Research& Development, 58(6), 729-753.
- Rhine, S. & Bailey, M. (2011). Collaborative Software and Focused Distraction in the Classroom (Revised). Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 19(4), 423-447. Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/33223.RogerT.andDavidW.Johnson.(1997).CooperativeLearning:Twoheadslearnbetterthanone.TransformingEducation(IC#18),Winter1988,Page34,Copyright(c)1988,1997byContextInstitute.http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC18/Johnson.htm
- Wu, W.-C.V., Yen, L.L., & Marek, M. (2011). Using Online EFL Interaction to Increase Confidence, Motivation, and Ability. Educational Technology& Society, 14 (3), 118–129.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.