EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Lisbon, Portugal ISBN 978-1-880094-89-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
While using technology in the classroom has been advocated in the field for decades, teachers use technology in the classrooms is not pervasive. Studies found that for in-service teachers, merely provide short-term, one shot technology training workshop may not be sufficient. Teachers need to learn how to use specific content-based technologies in the classroom. Based on Mishra and Koehler’s Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) Framework, the proposed study intents to explore the difference between the experienced teacher and in-experienced middle school math teacher’s TPACK, and factors that influence high school math teacher’s TPACK. Four experienced and in-experienced high school math teachers’ will be interviewed for their knowledge and experiences of using technology teaching geometrics. Qualitative data analysis techniques will be applied to analyze the differences between experienced and in-experienced math teacher’s TPACK.
Lai, T.l. & Lin, H.F. (2011). A case study of the differences between experienced and in-experienced math teachers' TPACK. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2011--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 3051-3055). Lisbon, Portugal: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/38294/.
© 2011 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization,
- Archambault, L., & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K-12 online distance educators in the United States Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1). Retrieved 03.10, 2008, from http://www.citejournal.org/vol9/iss1/general/article2.cfm
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., & Yahya, K. (2007). Tracing the development of teacher knowledge in a design seminar: Integrating content, pedagogy, & Technology. Computers and Education, 49(3), 740-762.
- Lee, K., Suharwoto, G., Niess, M., & Sadri, P. (2006). Guiding inservice mathematics teachers in developing TPCK
- Schmidt, D., Baran, E., Thompson, A., Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., Shin, T. (2009). Examining pre-service teacher’s
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.