Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Nashville, Tennessee, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-84-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
What does TPACK look like in preservice teacher preparation programs? This project explores candidates’ knowledge and experiences after participation in a TPACK-focused learning unit. This research uses mixed methods of survey data, interview and document analysis in order to investigate preservice teachers’ discrete knowledge of technology, pedagogy, and content. It discusses the implications of integrating TPACK into teacher education on teacher candidates’ development of curriculum.
Williams, M.K., Wetzel, K., Foulger, T., Kisicki, T. & Giacumo, L. (2011). Explicitly Addressing TPACK in Preservice Teacher Curriculum. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2011--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 4429-4434). Nashville, Tennessee, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/37030/.
© 2011 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization, development, and assessment of ICT–TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers& Education, 52(1), 154–168.
- Archambault, L., & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K–12 online distance educators in the United States. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1).
- Bielefeldt, T. (2001). Technology in teacher education: A closer look. Journal of Computing in Teacher Education, 17(4), 4-15.
- Brent, R., Brawner, C., & Van Dyk, P. (2003). Factors influencing student teachers' use of technology. Journal of Computing in Teacher Education, 19(2), 61-68.
- Casner-Lotto, J., & Barrington, L. (2006). Are they really ready for work? Report commissioned by The Conference Board, Corporate Voices for Working Families, the Partnership for 21st Century Skills, and the Society for Human Resource Management. Retrieved December 20, 2007, from http://www.21stcenturyskills.org/documents/FINAL_REPORT_PDF9-29-06.pdf
- Doering, A., Scharber, C., Miller, C., & Veletsianos, G. (2009). GeoThentic: Designing and assessing with technology, pedagogy, and content knowledge. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE Journal), 9(3), 316-336.
- Glaser, B.G. (2005). The grounded theory perspective III: Theoretical coding. Mill Valley, CA: Sociology Press.
- Groth, R., Spickler, D., Bergner, J., & Bardzell, M. (2009). A qualitative approach to assessing technological pedagogical content knowledge. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE Journal), 9(4), 392-411.
- Harris, J., Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2009). Teachers' technological pedagogical content knowledge and learning activity types: Curriculum-based technology integration reframed. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 41(4), 393-416.
- Kerry, B. (2000, December). The power of the Internet for learning: Moving from promise to practice. Washington, DC: Web-Based Education Commission.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2005). What happens when teachers design educational technology? The development of technological pedagogical content knowledge. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 32(2), 131152.]
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2008). Introducing Technological Pedagogical Knowledge. In AACTE (Eds.). The Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge for Educators. Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group for the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education.
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., & Yahya, K. (2007). Tracing the development of teacher knowledge in a design seminar: Integrating content, pedagogy, and technology. Computers and Education, 49(3), 740–762.
- Lincoln, Y.S., & Guba, E.G. (1985). Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Merriam, S.B. (1998). Qualitative research and case study applications in education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publications.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for integrating technology in teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Moursund, D., & Bielefeldt, T. (1999). Will new teachers be prepared to teach in the digital age? A national survey on information technology in teacher education. Santa Monica, CA: Milken Exchange on Education Technology.
- Schmidt, D., Baran, E., Thompson, A., Mishra, P., Koehler, M., Shin, T. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2) 123 – 149.
- Shin, T.S., Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., & Thompson, A.D. (2009). Technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) through course experiences. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2), 123–14.
- Shulman, L.S. (1986). Those who understand: Knowledge growth in teaching. Educational Researcher, 15(2), 4–14.
- Vygotsky, L.S. (1978). Mind in society. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- Wetzel, K., Wilhelm, L., & Williams, M.K. (2004). The introductory technology course: A tool for technology integration. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education [Online serial], 3(4). Available: http://www.citejournal.org/vol3/iss4/general/article4.cfm
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.