Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Nashville, Tennessee, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-84-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Reports information from an ongoing and successful program to develop Texas-certified Master Technology Teacher to facilitate language arts activities. Experienced teachers in a graduate program are using a variety of instructional and online strategies, as well as open-source multimedia to build technology teaching proficiency in a Texas-New Mexico-Mexico border region Many strategies are specifically designed to overcome the digital divide in low socioeconomic settings with special focus on Tech-WELL (Technology with English Language Learners) initiatives
Lozano, M., Giza, B. & Novelo, A. (2011). Successful experiences from a standards-aligned program to create Master Technology Teachers in Texas. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2011--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2572-2577). Nashville, Tennessee, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/36699/.
© 2011 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Berlin, D.F., & White, A.L. (2010). Preservice Mathematics and Science Teachers in an Integrated Teacher Preparation Program for Grades 7-12: A 3-Year Study of Attitudes and Perceptions Related to Integration. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 8, 97-115.
- Giza, B. (2010). Using open-source graphics, animation, and video tools in STEM education. In Maddux, C.D. (Ed.) Research highlights in technology and teacher education 2010. Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Giza, B. (2009). The use of free, open-source, and web-based tools in education. In I. Gibson et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2009 (pp. 1838-1842). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Giza, B., Suskavcevic, M. & Kosheleva, O. (2008). Supporting science teachers' professional development with video and audio podcasts. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 4693-4696). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Giza, B., Hampton, E., & Robertson, W. (2006). Implementing the Texas Master Science Teacher Program. Texas Science Teacher; Oct2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p15-18, 4p.
- Hawkins, M. (2004). Researching English language and literacy development in schools. Educational Researcher, 33(3), 14-25.
- Loucks-Horsley, S., Hewson, P., Love, N., & Stiles, K. (1998). Designing professional development for teachers of science and mathematics. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Manning, M.L. & Baruth, L.G. (2009). Multicultural education of children and adolescents (5th ed.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2000). Principles and standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- National Research Council. (1996). National science education standards. Washington, DC: National Academies.
- National Research Council. (1999). How people learn: Brain, experience and school. J.R. Bransford, A.L. Brown, & R.R. Cocking (Eds.), Committee on Developments in the Science of Learning, Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- OSI (2005). The Open Source Definition, Version 1.9. The Open Source Initiative, Inc. [On-line] Available: http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php.SBEC.(2005).TechnologyApplicationsStandardsforAllBeginningEducators.TheTexasStateBoardofEducatorCertification.[On-line]Available:http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/technology/techapp/teks/standard.htm (html)
- Sallis, E.(2002). Total Quality Management in Education. Routledge, London, UK.
- Texas Administrative Code (2010). Master Technology Teacher Certification. Texas Administrative Code. Title 19 (Education), Part 7, Chapter 239, Subchapter E, Rule §239.103: Master Technology Teacher Certification. Available online. Accessed October 20, 2010 from http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R & App=9 & P_dir= & P_rloc= & P_tloc= & P_ploc= & Pg=1 & P
- UTEP CIERP (2005). CIERP Fact Sheet. The University of Texas at El Paso Center for Institutional Evaluation, Research, and Planning, El Paso, TX. [On-line] Available: http://www.cierp.utep.edu.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- presentation_3045_31998.ppt (Access with Subscription)