Combining Brainwave Entrainment, Mind Programming Techniques and Tracking Technologies to Help Individualize and Optimize the Soft Skills Development of University Students PROCEEDINGS
Alten Du Plessis, Student and Academic Support: Tracking Unit, Stellenbosch University, South Africa, South Africa
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Orlando, Florida, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-83-9 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
A needs analysis, based on feedback of more than 22000 first-year students, indicated that they will benefit greatly from soft skills development. Numerous international studies have proved scientifically that both academic and non-academic factors, including soft skills, influence academic performance. Various interventions were subsequently created to address these factors and to integrate within the individualized development plans of students. In the past only institutional experts and a library of multimedia interventions were included. Recently combinations of brainwave entrainment sessions and mind programming techniques were added to help optimize the soft skills development of these students. Downloadable mp3 solutions that were developed include StudyWell4Life, AffirmWell4Life, SuggestWell4Life, VisualizeWell4Life and HypnotiseWell4Life. Each personal development plan integrates tracking mechanisms that record the utilization and effectiveness of each intervention.
Du Plessis, A. (2010). Combining Brainwave Entrainment, Mind Programming Techniques and Tracking Technologies to Help Individualize and Optimize the Soft Skills Development of University Students. In J. Sanchez & K. Zhang (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2010--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 62-67). Orlando, Florida, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved October 21, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/35511/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Astin, A.W., & Oseguera, L. (2002). Degree attainment rate at American colleges and universities. Los Angeles: Higher
- Du Plessis, S.A. (2007). EquipU4 Business Plan. Unpublished internal report.
- Du Plessis, S.A., & Menkveld, H. (2007). ’n Model vir die Voorspelling van Eerstejaarsuskses. Academic Support: Tracking System, Stellenbosch University.
- Du Plessis, A. & Menkveld, H. (2008). Individualized Multimedia Interventions to Develop Generic Soft Skills and Improve Throughput Rates of First-Year University Students. In J. Luca& E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp. 5610-5617). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Transparent Inc. (2010). Neuro-Programmer 3 ™ Documentation. Http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.