Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Diego, CA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-78-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The TPACK framework is being used increasingly as teachers and preservice teachers plan how to integrate technology into their lesson plans. Several researchers have been examining teacher reflections on the benefits of using technology from data obtained through interviews. This research seeks to understand how preservice teachers go about making decisions about the use of technology in their teaching before and after taking a traditional technology integration course. In the study preservice teachers are give three lesson design scenarios before and after taking a course. The paper explores their instructional design decisions and their rationales for the ways that they integrated their technology knowledge and pedagogical knowledge.
Graham, C.R., Burgoyne, N. & Borup, J. (2010). The decision-making processes of preservice teachers as they integrate technology. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2010--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3826-3832). San Diego, CA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/33977/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Cavin, R. (2008). Developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in preservice teachers through microteaching lesson study. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 5214-5220). Chesapeake, VA:
- Hofer, M. & Swan, K.O. (2007). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in action: A case study of a middle school digital documentary project. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 41(2), 179-200.
- Kersaint, G. (2007). Toward technology integration in mathematics education: A technology integration course planning assignment. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 7(4), 256-278.
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., & Yahya, K. (2007). Tracing the development of teacher knowledge in a design seminar: Integrating content, pedagogy, & Technology. Computers& Education, 49(3), 740-762.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2008). Introducing Technological Pedagogical Knowledge. In AACTE (Eds.), The handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge for educators. (pp. 3-30). New York, NY:
- Mishra, P. & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A new framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Niess, M. (2008). Mathematics teachers developing Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK). Technology and Teacher Education Annual, 19(8), 5297-5304.
- Van Driel, J.H., Verloop, N., & Vos, W.D. (1998). Developing science teachers' pedagogical content knowledge. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 35(6), 673-695.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Hofer, College of William and Mary, United States; Neal Grandgenett, University of Nebraska at Omaha, United States; Judi Harris, College of William and Mary, United States; Kathy Swan, University of Kentucky, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (Mar 07, 2011) pp. 4352–4359
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.
- presentation_3040_28399.ppt (Access with Subscription)