The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
Nicolette Burgoyne, Charles R. Graham, Richard Sudweeks, Brigham Young University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Diego, CA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-78-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The TPACK framework is becoming increasingly pervasive in teacher education. Researchers and practitioners have been seeking reliable and valid ways to measure the constructs associated with the TPACK framework. This paper describes the development of an instrument measuring self-efficacy for the constructs in the TPACK framework and has the aim of providing evidence for the validity and reliability of the scores produced from this questionnaire. The paper reports on the results of a confirmatory factor analysis and what evidence the scores provide for construct validity of the TPACK self-efficacy instrument.
Burgoyne, N., Graham, C.R. & Sudweeks, R. (2010). The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2010--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3787-3794). San Diego, CA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 13, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/33971/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Archambault, L., & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K-12 online distance educators in the United States. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1).
- Archambault, L., & Oh-Young, C. (2009). Putting the T in PCK: Exploring the nature of the TPACK framework among K-12 online educators using a web-based survey. Paper presented at the 2009 International Conference of the Society for the Information and Technology and Teacher Education. March 2-6, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Brown, T.A. (2006). Confirmatory Factor Analysis for Applied Research. New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
- Cox, S. (2008). A conceptual analysis of technological pedagogical content knowledge. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT. Cox, S., Graham, C.R., Browne, J., & Sudweeks, R. (in review). How do we measure TPACK? An attempt to create and validate an instrument.
- Gess-Newsome, J. (2002). Pedagogical Content Knowledge: An Introduction and Orientation. In Examining Pedagogical Content Knowledge (pp. 3-17). The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Hair, J.F., Black, W.C., Babin, B.J., Anderson, R.E., Tatham, R.L. (2006). Multivariate Data Analysis. New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., & Yahya, K. (2007). Tracing the development of teacher knowledge in a design seminar: Integrating content, pedagogy, & Technology. Computers& Education, 49(3), 740-762.
- Milbrath, Y.L. & Kinzie, M.B. (2000). Computer technology training for prospective teachers: Computer attitudes and perceived self-efficacy. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 8(4), 373-396.
- Mishra, P. & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A new framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Shin, T.S., Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., & Thompson, A.D. (2009). Changing technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) through course evaluations. Paper presented at the 2009 International Conference of the Society for the Information and Technology and Teacher Education. March 2-6, Charleston, South Carolina.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enhancing Online and Face-to-Face Teaching with Social Networking Sites and Digital Literacy Activities
Roberta Hammett, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada; Lisa St. Croix & Cathy Wicks, Memorial University, Canada
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2012 (Oct 09, 2012) pp. 1036–1041
Judi Harris, College of William & Mary, United States; Neal Grandgenett, University of Nebraska at Omaha, United States; Mark Hofer, College of William & Mary, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (Mar 05, 2012) pp. 4696–4703
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.
- presentation_3040_28318.ppt (Access with Subscription)