Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Diego, CA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-78-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This chapter describes the construction and validation of an instrument to measure teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK). The TPACK Confidence Survey (TCS) contains scales that measure teachers’ attitudes toward using ICT; confidence to use ICT for teaching and learning tasks (TPACK); competency with ICT; Technology Knowledge (TK); and TPACK Vocational Self-efficacy. The scale measuring TPACK confidence uses the Learning With ICTs: Measuring ICT Use in the Curriculum instrument that has been evaluated and reported previously. This paper proposes that the TCS provides a valid and reliable instrument with which to audit teachers’ TPACK confidence.
Albion, P., Jamieson-Proctor, R. & Finger, G. (2010). Auditing the TPACK Confidence of Australian Pre-Service Teachers: The TPACK Confidence Survey (TCS). In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2010--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3772-3779). San Diego, CA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 16, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/33969/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- AICTEC.(2009). Digital Education Revolution Implementation Roadmap. Retrieved October 17, 2009, http://www.deewr.gov.au/Schooling/DigitalEducationRevolution/Documents/AICTEC_DER_ROADMAPAdvice.pdf Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization, development, and assessment of ICT-TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers& Education, 52(1), 154-168.
- Barber, M., & Mourshed, M. (2007). How the world's best-performing schools come out on top. London: McKinsey & Company. Retrieved October 19, 2009, from http://www.mckinsey.com/locations/UK_Ireland/~/media/Reports/UKI/Education_report.ashx DEEWR. (2008). Success through partnership: Achieving a national vision for ICT in schools. Canberra: Australian Government Retrieved October 17,
- Graham, C., Cox, S., & Velasquez, A. (2009). Teaching and Measuring TPACK Development in Two Preservice Teacher Preparation Programs. Paper presented at the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2009, Charleston, SC, USA.
- Handler, M.G. (1993). Preparing new teachers to use computer technology: Perceptions and suggestions for teacher educators. Computers& Education, 20(2), 147-156.
- Jamieson-Proctor, R., & Finger, G. (2006). Relationship between pre-service and practising teachers’ confidence and beliefs about using ICT. Australian Educational Computing Journal, 21(2), 25-33.
- Jamieson-Proctor, R.M., Burnett, P.C., Finger, G., & Watson, G. (2006). ICT integration and teachers’ confidence in using ICT for teaching and learning in Queensland state schools. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 22(4), 511-530.
- Jamieson-Proctor, R.M., Watson, G., Finger, G., Grimbeek, P., & Burnett, P.C. (2007). Measuring the Use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in the Classroom. Computers in the Schools, 24(1/2), 167-184.
- Jamieson-Proctor, R.M., & Finger, G. (2009). Measuring and Evaluating ICT Use: Developing an Instrument for Measuring Student ICT Use. In Subramaniam, R. (Ed.), Handbook of Research on New Media Literacy at the K-12 Level: Issues and Challenges. Information Science Reference, Hershey, USA.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2005). What happens when teachers design educational technology? The development of technological pedagogical content knowledge. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 32(2), 131-152.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2008). Introducing TPCK. In AACTE Committee on Technology and Innovation (Ed.), Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge for educators (pp. 3-29). London: Routledge.
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., & Yahya, K. (2007). Tracing the development of teacher knowledge in a design seminar: Integrating content, pedagogy and technology. Computers& Education, 49(3), 740-762.
- Lee, M.-H., & Tsai, C.-C. (2010). Exploring teachers’ perceived self efficacy and technological pedagogical content knowledge with respect to educational use of the WorldWide Web. Instructional Science, 38(1), 1-21.
- MCEECDYA. (2008). Joint Ministerial Statement on Information and Communications Technologies in Australian Education and Training: 2008-2011.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108, 1017-1054.
- Schmidt, D., Baran, E., Thompson, A., Koehler, M., Mishra, P., Shin, T. (2009). Survey of Preservice Teachers’ Knowledge of Teaching and Technology. Retrieved August 20, 2009, from http://mkoehler.educ.msu.edu/unprotected_readings/TPACK_Survey/Schmidt_et_al_Survey_v1.pdf Schmidt, D., Seymour, J, Baran, E., & Thompson, A. (2008). Developing Effective Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge (TPACK) in PreK-6 Teachers. Paper presented at the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Shulman, L.S. (1986). Those who understand: Knowledge growth in teaching. Educational Researcher, 15(2), 4-14.
- Thompson, A.D., & Mishra, P. (2007). Breaking News: TPCK becomes TPACK! Journal of Computing in Teacher Education, 24(2), 38,64.
- Toomey, R. (2001). Information and Communication Technology for Teaching and Learning (pp. 6). Canberra: Department of
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michael Phillips, Monash University, Australia; Matthew Koehler & Joshua Rosenberg, Michigan State University, United States; Benjamin Zunica, Monash University, Australia
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2017 (Mar 05, 2017) pp. 2422–2429
Michael Phillips, Monash University, Australia; Matthew Koehler & Joshua Rosenberg, Michigan State University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2016 (Mar 21, 2016) pp. 3029–3036
Decoding the Mystery of Technology Integration: Decision-Making and Identities with Elementary Pre-Service Teachers
Tiffany Nielsen-Winkelman & Yu-Hui Chang, University of Minnesota, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2016 (Mar 21, 2016) pp. 2229–2236
Does the use of the TPACK model enhance digital pedagogies: We don’t understand the present so how can we imagine the future?
Dorit Maor, Murdoch University
ASCILITE - Australian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education Annual Conference 2013 (2013) pp. 531–540
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.