E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Las Vegas, NV, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-35-3 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
As our society has entered the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, interest and consideration to creative and convergent ability has been growing. Especially in the Republic of Korea, with the enactment of the Science, Mathematics and Informatics Education Promotion Law, the importance of ability to solve complex problems of the real world creatively based on computational thinking is increasing. Therefore, this study examines the background, process, and research results of the Korean science high school students who had participated in informatics-based research activities and analyzes how the problem-solving ability of the students has improved. The results of this study will be used as basic data to gain understanding and knowledge for convergence education based on informatics and computational thinking in the school field and will contribute to the direction of future researches.
Jung, U. & Lee, Y. (2018). The Effects of Korean Science High School Students’ Informatics-based Research Activities on Problem-Solving Ability. In Proceedings of E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 624-628). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/185017/.
© 2018 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Jung, U.Y. (2009). A robot programming teaching and learning model to stimulate and maintain professional high school student's learning motivation. Korea National University of Education, Master’s Thesis.
- Jung, U.Y. & Lee Y.J. (2017). Effects of Informatics Education on Career Development Ability of the Science High School Students. The Journal of Korean association of computer education, 20(3). Pp. 13-23.
- Jung, U.Y. & Lee Y.J. (2018). The Applicability and Related Issues of Bebras Challenge in Informatics Education. The Journal of Korea Association of Computer Education, 20(5), 1-14.
- Jung, U.Y. & Lee Y.J. (2018). The Effects of Computational Thinking Based Software Convergence Education on Science Highschool Student's Problem Solving Ability. The proceeding of the Korean association of computer education. Pp. 103-106.
- Lee, E.K. (2018). Perspectives and Challenges of Informatics Education: Suggestions for the Informatics Curriculum Revision. The Journal of Korean association of computer education, 21(2). Pp. 1-10.
- Minster of Education (2015). Software education operating guide. The Korea Education and Research Information Service.
- Ministry of Government Legislation (2017). The Science, Mathematics, and Informatics Education Promotion Law.
- Wing, J.M. (2006). Computational Thinking. Communications of the ACM, 2006.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.