Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Austin, TX, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-27-8 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
No representation of the Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) framework to date has been able to accurately represent growth in knowledge over time. We discuss radar diagrams as a new visual and quantitative representation of a teacher’s knowledge in each of the TPACK domains. We share results of two pilot studies conducted to demonstrate the effectiveness of this representation of the TPACK framework. We share next steps of our research, including an ongoing study of how preservice teachers use the radar diagram representation and the potential of pairing this representation with a validated TPACK survey.
Corven, J. & Tomayko, M. (2017). TPACK Radar Diagrams - A Visual Quantitative Representation for Tracking Growth of Essential Teacher Knowledge. In P. Resta & S. Smith (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2296-2301). Austin, TX, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 19, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/177522/.
© 2017 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Angeli, C. & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization, development, and assessment of ICT–TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers& Education, 52(1), 154-168.
- Colvin, J.C. (2014, April 14). TPACK 2.0 [YouTube video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCW4dJB81g Colvin, J.C. (2015a, December 29). Introducing the TPACK framework [YouTube video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8JsEYC_Pc
- Colvin, J.C., & Tomayko, M.C. (2015). Putting TPACK on the radar: A visual quantitative model for tracking growth of essential teacher knowledge. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 15(1).
- Cox, S., & Graham, C.R. (2009). Diagramming TPACK in practice: Using an elaborated model of the TPACK framework to analyze and depict teacher knowledge. TechTrends, 53(5), 60-69.
- Kimmons, R. (2011, March 22). TPACK in 3 minutes [YouTube video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wGpSaTzW58 Koh, J.H.L., Chai, C.S., & Tsai C-C. (2010). Examining the technological pedagogical content knowledge of Singapore pre-service teachers with a large-scale survey. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 26(6), 563-573.
- Koh, J.H.L., Chai, C.S., & Tsai C-C. (2013). Examining practicing teachers’ perceptions of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) pathways: A structural equation modeling approach. Instructional Science, 41(4), 793-809.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for integrating technology in teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., Thompson, A.D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M.J., & Shin, T.S. (2009). Technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2), 123-149.
- Shinas, V.H., Yilmaz-Ozden, S., Mouza, C., Karchmer-Klein, R., & Glutting, J.J. (2013). Examining domains of technological pedagogical content knowledge using factor analysis. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 45(4), 339–360.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
Ming Tomayko, Towson University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2018 (Mar 26, 2018) pp. 2123–2127
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.