Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Savannah, GA, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper presents the case study that focuses on examining the differences between levels of TPACK of pre-service special education elementary teachers taking the graduate level course Integrating Technology in Mathematics and Science Instruction in Special Education and Inclusive Classrooms in a New York City public university. The purpose of this study was to analyze how to use the TPACK Levels Rubric (Author +1, 2012) to measure pre-service teachers’ TPACK level based on various artifacts. The case study focused on a single pre-service teacher’s lesson plan representing average TPACK level for the sample population. The authors examined differences in levels of TPACK for each component of the TPACK Levels Rubric and explained how selected lesson plan was scored based on rubric criteria. Then authors developed examples of how the scored lesson plan would look like if it were one TPACK level below or one level above the actual level.
Kaplon-Schilis, A. & Lyublinskaya, I. (2016). Examining Differences in TPACK Levels Assessed through Pre-service Teachers STEM Lesson Plans: Case Study. In G. Chamblee & L. Langub (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2893-2899). Savannah, GA, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 16, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/172105/.
© 2016 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Goldenberg, E.P. (2000). Thinking (and talking) about technology in math classrooms. Issues in Mathematics Education, 1-8.
- Harris, J., Grandgenett, N., & Hofer, M. (2010). Testing a TPACK-based technology integration assessment rubric. In D. Gibson& B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3833-3840)
- Hermans, R., Tondeur, J., van Braak, J., & Valcke, M. (2008). The impact of primary school teachers’ educational beliefs on the classroom use of computers. Computers& Education, 51(4), 1499-1509.
- Kaplon-Schilis, A., & Lyublinskaya, I. (2015). Exploring Changes in Technological Knowledge (TK), Pedagogical Knowledge (PK), Content Knowledge (CK) and TPACK of Pre-service, Special Education Teachers Taking Technology-based Pedagogical Course. In D. Slykhuis& G. Marks (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2015 (pp. 3296-3303). Chesapeake,
- Koehler, M., Mishra, P., & Yahya, K. (2007). Tracing the development of teacher knowledge in a design seminar: Integrating content, pedagogy and technology. Computers& Education, 49(3), 740–762.
- Koehler, M.J., Shin, T.S., & Mishra, P. (2011). How do we measure TPACK? Let me count the ways. In R. Ronau, C. Rakes, & M. Niess (Eds.), Educational Technology, Teacher Knowledge, and Classroom Impact: A Research Handbook on Frameworks and Approaches. (pp. 16-31) Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Lyublinskaya, I. (2015) Evolution of a course for special education teachers on integrating technology into math and science. In M. Niess& H. Gillow-Wiles (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Teacher Education in the Digital Age. (pp. 532-559) Hershey, PA: IGI Global
- Lyublinskaya, I., & Tournaki, N. (2014) A study of special education teachers’ TPACK development in mathematics and science through assessment of lesson plans. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education. 22(4), 449-470
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. The Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Niess, M.L. (2005). Preparing teachers to teach science and mathematics with technology: Developing a technology pedagogical content knowledge. Teaching and teacher education, 21(5), 509-523.
- Niess, M.L. (2008). Knowledge needed for teaching with technologies– Call it TPACK. AMTE Connections, 17, 9–10.
- Niess, M.L., van Zee, E.H., & Gillow-Wiles, H. (2011). Knowledge growth in teaching mathematics/science with spreadsheets: Moving PCK to TPACK through online professional development. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 27(2), 42-52.
- Ronau, R. (2012) Making the grade: Reporting educational technology and teacher knowledge research. In R. Ronau, C. Rakes, & M. Niess (Eds.), Educational Technology, Teacher Knowledge, and Classroom Impact: A Research Handbook on Frameworks and Approaches. (pp. 323-332) Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Tearle, P., & Golder, G. (2008). The use of ICT in the teaching and learning of physical education in compulsory education: how do we prepare the workforce of the future? European Journal of Teacher Education, 31(1), 5572.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.