Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Las Vegas, NV, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The task of using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to effectively teach hundreds of pre-service educators, many of whom never attend campus, is a significant challenge, which is amplified by the need to do so in ways that model how they might use ICT in their own classrooms once they graduate. This paper analyses a collection of posts written across a teaching year on a group blog by three teacher educators as they explored their practice and attempted to learn how to meet this challenge. The analysis uses a distributed view of knowledge and learning to identify the barriers and enablers encountered, and how the teacher educators developed their distributed TPACK throughout the year. The paper argues that a distributed view of TPACK offers some interesting insights that can inform practitioners, researchers and policy makers as they explore practice and learn how to meet the technology integration challenge.
Jones, D., Heffernan, A. & Albion, P. (2015). TPACK as shared practice: Toward a research agenda. In D. Rutledge & D. Slykhuis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2015--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3287-3294). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 18, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/150454/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Albion, P.R. (2014). From Creation to Curation: Evolution of an Authentic 'Assessment for Learning' Task. In L. Liu, D. Gibson, V. Brown, T. Cavanaugh, J. Lee, C. Maddux, M. Ochoa, M. Ohlson, D. Slykhuis& J. Voogt (Eds.), Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2014 (pp. 69-78). Waynesville, NC: AACE.
- Belland, B.R. (2009). Using the theory of habitus to move beyond the study of barriers to technology integration. Computers& Education, 52(2), 353-364. Doi:10.1016/J.compedu.2008.09.004
- Brantley-Dias, L., & Ertmer, P.A. (2013). Goldilocks and TPACK: Is the Construct “Just Right?”. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 46(2), 103-128.
- Di Blas, N., Paolini, P., Sawaya, S., & Mishra, P. (2014). Distributed TPACK: Going Beyond Knowledge in the Head. In M. Searson& M.N. Ochoa (Eds.), Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2014 (pp. 2464-2472). Jacksonville, Florida, United States: AACE.
- Doyle, H., & Reading, C. (2012). Building teacher educator TPACK: Developing leaders as a catalyst for change in ICT Education. In M. Brown, M. Hartnett& T. Steward (Eds.), Future challenges, sustainable futures. (pp. 272-282).
- Kay, A. (1984). Computer Software. Scientific American, (September), 53-59.
- Lankshear, C., Snyder, I., & Green, B. (2000). Teachers and Technoliteracy: Managing literacy, technology and learning in schools. Sydney: Allen and Unwin.
- LeBaron, J.F., & Bragg, C.A. (1994). Practicing what we preach: Creating distance education models to prepare teachers for the twenty-first century. The American Journal of Distance Education, 8(1), 5-19.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108, 1017-1054.
- Phillips, M.D. (2014). Teachers’ TPACK enactment in a Community of Practice. Unpublished PhD, Monash University, Melbourne. Retrieved from http://newmediaresearch.educ.monash.edu.au/lnmrg/sites/default/files/Teachers%27%20TPACK%20enactment%20in%20a%20Community%20of%20Practice.pdf
- Putnam, R.T., & Borko, H. (2000). What do new views of knowledge and thinking have to say about research on teacher learning? Educational Researcher, 4-15.
- Shulman, L.S. (1987). Knowledge and teaching: Foundations of the new reform. Harvard Educational Review, 57, 1-22.
- USQ. (2012). USQ Strategic Plan 2013-2015. Toowoomba, Qld. Retrieved from https://www.usq.edu.au/about-usq/aboutus/plans-reports/strategic-plan
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
Nicoletta Di Blas
Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society Vol. 12, No. 3 (Jun 22, 2016)
Stella Casola, Nicoletta Di Blas & Paolo Paolini, Politecnico di Milano, Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering (DEIB), Italy
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2018 (Mar 26, 2018) pp. 921–926
Nicoletta Di BLAS, DEIB- Politecnico di MIlano, Italy; Paolo Paolini, DEIB - Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2017 (Mar 05, 2017) pp. 2311–2318
Nicoletta Di BLAS, DEIB- Politecnico di MIlano, Italy; Paolo Paolini, DEIB-Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2017 (Mar 05, 2017) pp. 1507–1514
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- dist_tpack.pptx (Access with Subscription)