Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Las Vegas, NV, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The purpose of this paper is to describe the impact on preservice teachers’ technological, pedagogical, and content area knowledge when an educational technology course teams up with a reading methods course around an authentic activity. Our results indicated that students had greater gains in their perceived technological, pedagogical, content area knowledge in the area of literacy than social studies, math, or science.
Dirkin, K. & VanDeusen MacLeod, E. (2015). Collaborative Experiences for Preservice Teachers in Authentic Activities. In D. Rutledge & D. Slykhuis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2015--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3127-3132). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/150437/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bai, H., & Ertmer, P.A. (2008). Teacher educators' beliefs and technology uses as predictors of preservice teachers' beliefs and technology attitudes. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 16(1), 93-112. Retrieved from http://0search.ebscohost.com.catalog.lib.cmich.edu/login.aspx? Direct=true&db=eft&AN=508032387&site=ehost-live.
- Bell, R.L., Maeng, J.L. And Binns, I.C. (2013), Learning in context: Technology integration in a teacher preparation program informed by situated learning theory. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 50(3) 348–379.
- Freelon, D. (2010). ReCal: Intercoder reliability calculation as a web service. International Journal of Internet Science, 5(1), 20-33.
- Freelon, D. (2013). ReCal OIR: Ordinal, interval, and ratio intercoder reliability as a web service. International Journal of Internet Science, 8(1), 10-16.
- Gray, L., Thomas, N., & Lewis, L. (2010). Teachers’ Use of Educational Technology in U.S. Public Schools: 2009 (NCES 2010-040). National Center for Education Statistics, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education. Washington, DC.
- Harris, J., Grandgenett, N., & Hofer, M. (2010). Testing a TPACK-based technology integration assessment instrument. In C.D. Maddux, D. Gibson, & B. Dodge (Eds.). Research highlights in technology and teacher education 2010 (pp. 323-331). Chesapeake, VA: Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education
- Kay, R.H. (2006). Evaluating strategies used to incorporate technology into preservice education: A review of the literature. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 38(4), 383-408. Retrieved from http://0search.ebscohost.com.catalog.lib.cmich.edu/login.aspx?direct=true & Db=eft & AN=507903322 & Site=ehost-live
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2009). What Is technological pedagogical content knowledge? Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE), 9(1), 60-70.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A new framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record 108 (6), 1017-1054.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2008, March). Introducing technological pedagogical content knowledge. Paper presented the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New York, March 24-28.
- Mishra, P. & Koehler. M.J. (2009). Too cool for school? No way! Using the TPACK framework: You can have your hot tools and teach with them, too. Learning& Leading with Technology, 36(7), 14-18.
- Mouza, C., Karchmer-Klein, R., Nandakumar, R., Ozden, S., & Hu, L. (2014). Investigating the impact of an integrated approach to the development of preservice teachers' technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK). Computers& Education, 206-221.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- PresentationSite_2015Finalupload.pptx (Access with Subscription)