E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Las Vegas, NV, USA ISBN 978-1-939797-05-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
The article presents the learning design of a teacher training module at Aarhus University for science teachers in digital learning design and its seven pedagogical principles. Furthermore, the article discusses the design of the module and presents the learners’ experiences with the seven principles. The article concludes that it is possible to design online teacher training in online teaching with good learning outcomes and a high learner satisfaction based on the seven principles as learning design framework. Nevertheless, some circumstances and their possible influence on the learning results and experience would need a further scrutiny.
Godsk, M., Hougaard, R.F. & Lindberg, A.B. (2013). Teaching Online Teaching Online: Seven Pedagogical Principles for Teacher Training. In T. Bastiaens & G. Marks (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2013--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 95-104). Las Vegas, NV, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/114806/.
© 2013 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Adobe Connect (2013). Web conferencing software-Conference services| Adobe Connect 9. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: http://www.adobe.com/dk/products/adobeconnect.html.
- All Things in Moderation-Home (2013). Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: http://www.atimod.com/.
- Allen, C.H. (1940). Chapter VII: In-Service Training of Teachers. Review of Educational Research. Vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 210-215. Sage. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from:
- Brown, J.S., Collins, A., & Duguid, P. (1989). Situated cognition and the culture of learning. Educational Researcher, vol.18, no.1, pp. 32–42.
- Conole, G. (2008). New schemas for mapping pedagogies and technologies. Ariadne, Issue 56, July 2008, Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue56/conole. Conole, G., Dyke, M., Oliver, M., & Seale, J. (2004). Mapping pedagogy and tools for effective learning design. Computers and Education, vol. 43, nos. 1–2, pp. 17–33.
- Dokeos (2013). Dokeos | Open Source E-Learning. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: http://dokeos.com/. European Commission (2009). ECTS Users’ Guide, Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
- Godsk, M. (2010). Go online– om effektiv, undervisercentreret udvikling af e-læring ved Aarhus Universitet. Læring og Medier. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: http://ojs.statsbiblioteket.dk/index.php/lom/article/download/3925/3432.
- Godsk, M. (2012). Modul om Digital Learning Design. Unpublished module description.
- Hattie, J. (2009). The black box of tertiary assessment: An impending revolution. In L.H. Meyer et all. (eds). Tertiary Assessment& Higher education student Outcomes: Policy, Practice& Research (pp. 259-275).
- Lave, J. & Wenger, E. (1991). Situated learning: Legitimate peripheral participation. Cambridge. Cambridge University Press. Ministeriet for Forskning, Innovation og Videregående Uddannelser (2013). Bekendtgørelse af lov om universiteter (universitetsloven), J.nr. 13/002343. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=145366&exp=1.
- Salmon, G. (2011). E-moderating. The Key to Teaching and Learning Online. 3rd Edition. Routledge. New York and London.
- Science Media Lab (2013). Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: http://cse.au.dk/en/services/science-media-lab/.
- Sfard, A. (1998). On two metaphors for learning and the dangers of choosing just one. Educational Researcher, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 4–13.
- Vygotsky, L.S. (1978). Mind in Society. London: Harvard University Press.
- Wenger, E. (1998). Communities of Practice: Learning, Meaning and Identity. Cambridge. Cambridge University Press.
- Aarhus University (2011). DEN FAGLIGE UDVIKLINGSPROCES, AARHUS UNIVERSITET ØVRIGE BILAG, UNIVERSITETSLEDELSEN DEN 9. MARTS 2011. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from: http://medarbejdere.au.dk/fileadmin/res/fau/dok/fau_bilag_oevrige_bilag_090311.pdf.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.