Authentic Tasks for Authentic Learning: Modes of Interactivity in Multimedia for Undergraduate Teacher Education PROCEEDINGS
Dianne P. Chambers, Kaye Stacey, University of Melbourne, Australia
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, ISBN 978-1-880094-33-4 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Members of the Department of Science and Mathematics Education at the
University of Melbourne, Australia have developed a range of multimedia resources for
undergraduate education students that allow the students to participate in authentic tasks
that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to arrange for large numbers of students.
The multimedia resources are designed to project students into their future role as
classroom teachers as it has been observed that those students who do this tend to
perform better as they can see the relevance of learning opportunities presented in their
studies. Observation of student work using these resources shows deeper thinking and
enhanced reflective practices in considering how children think and how classrooms can
Chambers, D.P. & Stacey, K. (1999). Authentic Tasks for Authentic Learning: Modes of Interactivity in Multimedia for Undergraduate Teacher Education. In J. Price, J. Willis, D. Willis, M. Jost & S. Boger-Mehall (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 1999--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 12-17). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 16, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/7967/.
© 1999 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Chambers, D.P. & Dobbins, M. (1997). Computers and the K-6 Classroom: Kids Can Do! [CD-ROM] Department of Science and Mathematics Education, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria,Australia.
- Stacey, K. & Steinle, V. (1998). Refining the Classification of Students™ Interpretations of Decimal Notation. Hiroshima Journal of Mathematics Education. 6 (March) 49-69
- Stacey, K., Steinle, V., Chambers, D.P. & Asp, G. (1998). Teaching and Learning about Decimals. [CDROM]
- Watson, J.M. (1996). The C & D PD CD. [CD-ROM] (Assisted by J.B. Moritz and S. Anderson) Hobart: DEETYA, AAMT, Inc., and University of Tasmania.
- Watson, J. & Moritz, J. (1997). The C & D PD CD: Professional development in chance and data in the technological age. In
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
Authentic E-Learning in Higher Education: Design Principles for Authentic Learning Environments and Tasks
Jan Herrington, University of Wollongong, Australia
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2006 (October 2006) pp. 3164–3173
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.