Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, ISBN 978-1-880094-33-4 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effectiveness of an online course as compared to its “traditional” counterpart and to an “integrated” course using traditional and online instructional methods. Equivalent-form pre- and post-test measures were used to collect data used to determine statistical significance of the results. A t-test for independent means was used examine the data between traditional and the online groups. An ANOVA test was used to compare the data collected on all three groups. Information obtained from student email records, online course Chatroom comments, and instructor evaluations were also compiled and examined to assist with comparing the three courses. The results indicated that the online course was equally effective as the traditional and integrated course.
Odell, M., Abbitt, J., Amos, D. & Davis, J. (1999). Developing Online Courses: A Comparison of Web-based Instruction with Traditional Instruction. In J. Price, J. Willis, D. Willis, M. Jost & S. Boger-Mehall (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 1999--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 126-130). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/7520/.
- Knapczyk, D., & Rodes, P. (1995). Effecting change in in-service teachers through distance education and communication technology. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 3 (1), 47-55.
- McKenna, M., & Ward, K. (1998). Education beyond the walls: connecting classroom and community. The Reseacher, 13 (1), 46-53.
- Recker, M. (1997). Appropriate use of educational technologies: a layered approach. Educational Technology Review, Summer, 1997 (7), 9-12.
- Windschitl, M. (1998). The www and classroom research: what path should we take? Educational Researcher, 27 (1), 28-33.
- Zhao, Y. (1998). Design for adoption: the development of an integrated web-based education environment. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 30 (3), 307-328.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.