Educational scenarios with ICT: an operational design and implementation framework
Vassilis Komis, Aggeliki Tzavara, University of Patras, Greece ; Thierry Karsenti, University of Montreal, Canada ; Simon Collin, Uninersity of Quebec in Montreal, Canada ; Stéphanie Simard, University of Montreal, Canada
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-02-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper proposes a framework for designing educational scenarios that incorporate ICT as a guide for prospective and practicing teachers. The design and implementation framework for educational scenarios integrates ICT into the pedagogical problematic according to contemporary learning theories. Based on principles of science teaching, the framework draws on the main components of the TPACK framework. We provide theoretical support for the model and its basic components, and we examine its implementation by prospective and practicing preschool teachers.
Komis, V., Tzavara, A., Karsenti, T., Collin, S. & Simard, S. (2013). Educational scenarios with ICT: an operational design and implementation framework. In R. McBride & M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2013--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3244-3251). New Orleans, Louisiana, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/48594/.
- Bruner, J. (1997). The Culture of Education. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.-3250 DASHDASH
- Depover, C., Karsenti, T., & Komis, V. (2007). Enseigner avec les technologies: favoriser les apprentissages, développer des compétences, Sainte-Foy : Presses de l ’ Université du Québec
- Dimitracopoulou, A. & Komis, V. (2005). Design principles for the support of modelling and collaboration in a technology based learning environment. International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Lifelong Learning, 15 (1/2), 30-55.
- Georgoutsou, M., Komis, V. & Tzavara, A. (2012). A study of how students from ECEDU of Patras design educational scenarios with ICT. In Proceedings of the Pan-Hellenic Conference with International Participation“ ICT in Education”, Volos, 28-30 September.
- Hammond, T.C., & Manfra, M.M. (2009). Giving, prompting, making: Aligning technology and pedagogy within TPACK for social studies instruction. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9 (2), 160-185.
- Harel, I. (1991). Children Designers: Interdisciplinary Constructions for Learning and Knowing Mathematics in a ComputerRich School. Norwood, NJ: Ablex Publishing Corporation.
- Jimoyiannis, A. (2010). Designing and implementing an integrated Technological Pedagogical Science Knowledge framework for science teachers professional development, Computers& Education, doi:10.1016/J.compedu.2010.05.022.
- Mishra, P. & Koehler, M.J. (2007). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK): Confronting the Wicked Problems of Teaching with Technology. In R. Carlsen et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2007 (pp. 2214-2226). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054
- Niess, M.L. (2005). Preparing teachers to teach science and mathematics with technology: Developing a technology pedagogical content knowledge, Teaching and Teacher Education, 21, 509 – 523.
- Reiser, A.R., Dempsey, V.J. (Eds.) (2012), Trends and Issues in Instructional Design and Technology (3rd Edition), Boston M.A.: Pearson
- So H.-J., & Kim B. (2009). Learning about problem based learning: Student teachers integrating technology, pedagogy and content knowledge. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 25(1), 101-116.
- Tzavara, A., Komis, V., Georgoutsou, M. & Siampou, F. (2012). The use of Web 2.0 to conduct the course‘ Didactics of Informatics and ICT’. In Proceedings of the 6th Pan-Hellenic Conference“ Didactics of Information”, Florina, 20-22 April 2012, 391-399.
- Vygotsky, L.S. (1978). Mind and Society. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.-3251 DASHDASH
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.