The iPad Global Embrace!Are we Branding Mobile Learning?
Ferial Khaddage, Faculty of Science & Engineering School of I.T Deakin University, Australia
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-02-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Mobile computing is taking the educational institutions into a new era of instruction. Educational institutions globally are opting for new mobile devices to integrate, and it seems that the vast majority are integrating the iPad without even looking at other options, they are unintentionally branding mobile learning. We believe that mobile learning should not be branded, should not be restricted and should not be made device specific, operating system specific, controlled and brand specific. This paper is based on a global panel discussion entitled: Is this an iPad Revolution or Mobile Learning Revolution. Also this paper presents an argument as to why is the iPad dominating in education with a focus on the current iPad initiatives in the UAE, few possible assumptions on why educational institutions are opting for the iPad are discussed, and some suggested recommendations on what educational institutions should know before making the decision about this integration.
Khaddage, F. (2013). The iPad Global Embrace!Are we Branding Mobile Learning?. In R. McBride & M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2013--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3234-3240). New Orleans, Louisiana, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved January 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/48592/.
© 2013 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Micro Strategy (2012) The new era of mobile intelligence: The convergence of mobile computing and business intelligence COLL-0936 0410 MicroStrategy Incorporated• McLean, VA 22102 • 703 848 8600 www.microstrategy.com [Last accessed February 2013]
-  Johnson, L., Adams, S., & Cummins, M. (2012). The NMC horizon report: 2012 higher education edition. The New Media Consortium, Austin.
-  Khaddage, F. & Zeidan, F. (2012) “iPad in Higher Education” Ready or Not? a College Case Study in the Middle East, published in the proceeding of ICL (Interactive Collaborative Learning) Conference 2012 September 23-25, 2012 Villach, Austria  Khaddage F. Knezek G. 2012, “convert your Thinking, Creativity and Imagination using Mobile” presented in the proceeding of the e-learn in Action conference SWC HCT UAE 2012, paper available online from: http://shct.hct.ac.ae/events/edtechpd2012/articles/index.asp
-  Hu, W. (2011). Math that moves: Schools embrace the iPad. The New York Times, 4.
-  Khaddage, F., Lattemann, C., & Bray, E. (2011, March). Mobile Apps Integration for Teaching and Learning.(Are Teachers Ready to Re-blend?). In Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference (Vol. 2011, No. 1, pp. 2545-2552).
- Ministry of Education in UAE (2012), article available online from http://www.edarabia.com/tag/uae-ministry-ofeducation/ [Last Accessed October 2012]
-  Lai, E. (2012), “iPad and Tablet Market Forecasts for 2012 and beyond”, UBER mobile Blog available online from: http://www.business2community.com/mobile-apps/ipad-and-tablet-market-forecasts-for-2012-and-beyondcharts-0154848 Published March 28, 2012 [last accessed Feb 2013]
-  Hayhoe, S. (2012) “using an iPad as an assistive devic to improve technical literacy: trial usage with an Emirati Student” paper available online from http://shct.hct.ac.ae/events/edtechpd2012/articles/Using-an-iPad-as-an-assistivedevice.pdf [last accessed Feb 2013]
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gadgets in the Gymnasium: Physical Educators’ Use of Digital Technologies | Les gadgets au gymnase : l’utilisation des technologies numériques par les enseignants en éducation physique
Daniel Robinson & Lynn Randall
Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology / La revue canadienne de l’apprentissage et de la technologie Vol. 43, No. 1 (Mar 31, 2017)
K. L. Ryan Man, Sathya J. Naidu & Ho Chi Eric Chow, Hong Kong Baptist University
World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning 2018 (Nov 11, 2018) pp. 30–35
Ferial Khaddage, Deakin University, Faculty of Science Engineering and Built Ev.School of Information Technology, Australia; Jesús Hernández Cosío, Autonomous University of Baja California Sur, Mexico
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2014 (Mar 17, 2014) pp. 903–909
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.