How to evaluate the effectiveness of ICT in teaching
Simone Paiano, Liceo Classico "Gioberti" Torino, Italy
Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society Volume 7, Number 1, ISSN 1826-6223 e-ISSN 1826-6223 Publisher: Italian e-Learning Association
This paper aims at finding a way to evaluate the impact of ICT on teaching. It is taken for granted, in the light of previous studies,that regular control of teaching and learning processes helps improve these same processes. Secondly, the use of ICT does not automatically improve the quality of teaching and learning. Therefore it is necessary to constantly evaluate how effective the use of ICT in the classroom really is. Five models will be illustrated into which any teaching project can fit. Finally, the application of the five-model theory to a sample group of Italian Junior High Schools will be illustrated.
Paiano, S. (2011). How to evaluate the effectiveness of ICT in teaching. Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society, 7(1), 41-47. Italian e-Learning Association. Retrieved March 24, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/p/43338/.
- Biondi G. (2007), La scuola dopo le tecnologie, Milano, Apogeo.
- Bishop J.H. (1997), The Effect of Curriculum-Based Exit Exam Systems on Student Achievement, CAHRS Working Paper Series, 97-01, 1-14.
- Cox M., Webb M., Blakeley B., Abbott C., Beauchamp T., Rhodes V. (2004), ICT and pedagogy. A review of the research literature, ICT in Schools research and Evaluation Series, 18.
- Guastavigna M. (2010), Tecnologie, apprendimento-insegnamento: valori aggiunti, Scuola insieme, Dossier Scuola e Tecnologie: insegnare con il web, 17-20.
- Hanushek E.A., Raymond M. (2005), Does School Accountability Lead to Improved Student Performance?, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 24(2), 297327.
- Marconato G. (2009), Le tecnologie nella didattica, Trento, Erickson.
- Martini A. (2008), L’accountability nella scuola, Working Paper della Fondazione Giovanni Agnelli di Torino, 8,1-20.
- McKenzie W. (2006), Intelligenze multiple e tecnologie per la didattica, Trento, Erickson.
- Ricci R. (2008), La misurazione del valore aggiunto nella scuola, Working Paper della Fondazione Giovanni Agnelli di Torino, 9,1-15.
- Trinchero R. (2006), Valutare l’apprendimento nell’e-learning, Trento, Erickson. Wößmann L. Et al. (2007), School accountability, choice and the level of students achievement: international evidence from PISA 2003, OECD Education Working paper, 13.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.