Using the SKATE Method to Align Written Curriculum and Supporting E-Curriculum in Preservice Teacher Education
Jan Ray, University of Hawai'i at Hilo, United States ; Teri Bingham, Rich Rose, West Texas A&M University, United States
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-90-7 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
This pilot study introduced the use of the SKATE method for helping preservice teachers align state standards (written curriculum) and internet-based educational games, learning activities, instructional videos, and others resources (supporting e-curriculum) to optimize future student learning in mathematics. Curriculum alignment between the written and supporting e-curriculum was measured using an alignment rating scale. Findings revealed that the alignment rating between the written curriculum and the supporting e-curriculum was 91 percent, indicating that the SKATE method helped preservice teachers successfully align the written curriculum and supporting e-curriculum.
Ray, J., Bingham, T. & Rose, R. (2011). Using the SKATE Method to Align Written Curriculum and Supporting E-Curriculum in Preservice Teacher Education. In C. Ho & M. Lin (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2011--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 1656-1660). Honolulu, Hawaii, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 11, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/38957/.
© 2011 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Carr, J.F., & Harris, D.E. (2001). Succeeding with Standards: Linking Curriculum, Assessment, and Action Planning. Alexandria, Virgina: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Google. (2011). Blogger. Retrieved July 19, 2011, from Blogger: https://www.blogger.com/start
- Hale, J. (2007). A Guide to Curriculum Mapping: Planning, Implementing, and Sustaining the Process. Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin Press, Inc.
- Jacobs, H.H. (1997). Mapping the Big Picture: Integrating Curriculum and Assessment K-12. Alexandria, Virginai: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Perna, D.M., & Davis, J.R. (2007). Aligning Standards and Curriculum for Classroom Success (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin Press.
- Ray, J. (2006). Welcome to the Blogosphere—The Educational Use of Blogs. Kappa Delta Pi Record, 175-177.
- Texas Education Agency. (2011). Texas Education Agency-Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. Retrieved July 18, 2011, from Texas Education Agency: http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=6148
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.