Flexibility and Suitability of Wireless Ad-hoc Network Toolkit for Outdoor Education PROCEEDINGS
Noritaka Osawa, Chiba University, Japan ; Kimio Kondo, Open University of Japan, Japan
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Toronto, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-81-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
This paper describes features of a toolkit supporting a wireless ad-hoc network and a prototype application system that enable students and teachers to communicate with each other across large distances. The toolkit is based on our multimedia communication support toolkit, which was previously developed. The toolkit includes new software modules for wireless ad-hoc communication and enables high-level multimedia processing and multipoint communication with ad-hoc networking. The prototype application system was developed to demonstrate flexibility and suitability of the toolkit for outdoor education application. The prototype system could exchange video images with position information for outdoor education. The system and its functions are customizable for educational objectives and easily configurable with a visual programming utility tool.
Osawa, N. & Kondo, K. (2010). Flexibility and Suitability of Wireless Ad-hoc Network Toolkit for Outdoor Education. In J. Herrington & C. Montgomerie (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2010--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 1186-1195). Toronto, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved October 16, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/34783/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Anderson, T.A.F. & Wen, Y. (2008) Approach to Learning Research with Wireless Sensor Networks in an Outdoor Setting. 16th International Conference on Computers in Education. 783-784.
- Akyildiz, I.F., Melodia, T. & Chowdhury, K.R. (2007) A survey on wireless multimedia sensor networks. Computer Networks, 51(4), 921-960.
- Chang, C., Chen, Y., Kao, T., & Sheu, J. (2005) Some studies and lessons learned from ad hoc learning. The 3rd International Conference on Information Technology: Research and Education (ITRE2005). 382-386.
- Christensen, B.G., Kristensen, M.D., Hansen, F.A. & Bouvin, N.O. (2008) Enabling Co-located Learning over Mobile Ad Hoc P2P with LightPeers. Journal of Networks. 3(2), 64-71.
- Obraczka, K., Viswanath, K. & Tsudik, G. (2001) Flooding for Reliable Multicast in Multi-Hop Ad Hoc Networks. Wireless Networks. 7(6), 627-634.
- Osawa, N. (2004) Multipoint Remote Focus Sharing Tool: FocusShare. The 8th IASTED International Conference on Internet& Multimedia Systems& Applications (IMSA 2004). 379-384.
- Osawa, N. & Asai, K. (2008) Multipoint Multimedia Conferencing System with Group Awareness Support and Remote Management. The International Journal of Distance Education Technologies (IJDET). 6(3), 23-44,.
- Osawa, N., Asai, K., Shibuya, T., Noda, K., Tsukagoshi, S., Noma, Y. & Ando, A. (2005) Three-dimensional video distance
- Osawa, N., Noda, K., Tsukagoshi, S., Noma, Y., Ando, A., Shibuya, T. & Kondo, K. (2007) Outdoor education support system with location awareness using RFID and symbology tags. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia. 16(4), 411-428.
- Osawa, N., Shibuya, T., Yuki, K., Kondo, K., Sastrokusumo, U., Komolmis, T. & Kuroiwa, H. (2005) Multipoint Conferencing through a Satellite IP Network. The Eighth IASTED International Conference on Computers and Advanced Technology in Education (CATE2005). 41-46.
- Osawa, N. & Takase, N. (2005) Personal Stereo Videoconferencing System Supporting 3D Telepointers and Annotations. The 13th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE2005). 848-852.
- Osawa, N., Yamagishi, T., Asai, K., & Miida, Y. (2004) 3D videoconference toolkit adaptable to various presentation
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.