Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
Joke Voogt, University of Twente, Netherlands ; Ann Thompson, Iowa State University, United States ; Punya Mishra, Michigan State University, United States ; Petra Fisser, University of Twente, Netherlands ; Ghaida Allayar, Public Authority of Applied Education and Training, Kuwait ; Douglas Agyei, University of Cape Coast, Ghana ; Matthew Koehler, Tae Seob Shin, Leigh Graves Wolf, Mike DeSchryver, Michigan State University, United States ; Denise Schmidt, Evrim Baran, Iowa State University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Diego, CA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-78-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This symposium reports about research on professional development strategies that prepare pre-service teacher education students from various countries to become TPACK competent. All strategies have in common that they use a design approach to teachers’ professional development. Pre-service teachers’ performance on a TPACK outcome measure is also reported. The symposium particularly aims to identify characteristics of professional development that contribute to teachers’ integration of technology and will also include an update on the development of an assessment instrument designed to measure teachers’ development of TPACK.
Voogt, J., Thompson, A., Mishra, P., Fisser, P., Allayar, G., Agyei, D., Koehler, M., Shin, T.S., Wolf, L.G., DeSchryver, M., Schmidt, D. & Baran, E. (2010). Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2010--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3940-3943). San Diego, CA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 17, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/33994/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Fullan, M. (2007). The new meaning of educational change (4th ed.). London: Falmer.
- Garet, M.S., Porter, A.C., Desimone, L., Birman, B.F., & Yoon, K.S. (2001). What makes professional development effective? Results from a national sample of teachers. American Educational Research Journal, 38(4), 915-945.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2005). Teachers learning technology by design. Journal of Computing in Teacher Education, 21(3), 94-102.
- Koehler, M. & Mishra, P. (2008). Introducing TPCK. In AACTE Committee on Innovation and Technology (Eds.). Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK) for educators (pp. 3-29). New York: Routledge.
- Law,N., Pelgrum, W.J. & Plomp, T. (2008). Pedagogy and ICT use in schools around the world. Findings from the IEA SITES 2006 study. CERC Studies in comparative education. Hong Kong: Comparative Education Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong, and: Springer.
- McDougall, A. (2008). Models and practices in teacher education programs for teaching with and about ICT. In J. Voogt& G. Knezek (Eds.), International handbook of information technology in primary and secondary education (pp. 461-474). New
- Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., Thompson, A.D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M.J., & Shin, T.S. (2009). Examining Preservice Teachers’ Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course. In I. Gibson, R. Weber, K. McFerrin, R. Carlsen& D.A. Willis (Eds.). Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference Book, 2009, (P. 4145-4151). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the
- Tondeur, J., van Keer, H., van Braak, J., & Valcke, M. (2008). ICT integration in the classroom: Challenging the potential of a school policy. Computers& Education, 51, 212-223.
- Voogt, J. (2003). Consequences of ICT for aims, contents, processes and environments of Learning. In J. Van den Akker, W. Kuiper& U. Hameyer (Eds.). Curriculum landscapes and trends (pp217-236). Dordrecht: Kluwer.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 01042010SITEGlobalperspectives_Voogt_2010Apr18_1.ppt (Access with Subscription)