Screencast and Vodcast: An Experience in Secondary Education PROCEEDINGS
Clara Coutinho, Minho University - Braga - Portugal, Portugal ; Aurora Rocha, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Diego, CA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-78-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
In this article we present an experiment carried out in an 11th grade class (terminal year) in the discipline of Descriptive Geometry A. In a context where failure is high on the national exam, as well as in the discipline’s attendance, the main objectives that motivated the implementation of this educational experience, the GeomCasting, were, on one hand, to increase the interest and motivation of students and the effectiveness of learning and, on ther other hand, to prepare for the national test. The project consisted on the development of multimedia applications based on the concept of podcast / vodcast / screencast, the GeomCast. These applications were created by the teacher and students (in group), whose objective was to enable students to review the discipline’s curriculum content in any place or time, from the Internet, ipods or mobile phones, whenever the memory needs to be refreshed, since these applications are available in the class blog.
Coutinho, C. & Rocha, A. (2010). Screencast and Vodcast: An Experience in Secondary Education. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2010--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 1043-1050). San Diego, CA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 14, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/33491/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Coutinho, C.P. (2006). Utiliza ç ã o de blogues na formaç ã o inicial de professores: um estudo explorató rio. In PANIZO et al (Eds.), Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Computers in Education, (Vol 2), 157-164.
- Coutinho, C.P. (2007). Cooperative Learning in Higher Education using Weblogs: a study with undergraduate students of Education in Portugal. Proceedings of International Conference on Education and Information Systems, Technologies and Applications, EISTA 2007, Orlando, FL, EUA, 60-64.
- Coutinho, C.P. (2008). A influência das teorias cognitivas na investigaç ã o em Tecnologia Educativa: pressupostos te ó ricos e metodol ó gicos, expectativas e resultados. Revista Portuguesa de Educa ç ã O. Vol 21 (1), 101-127. Http://hdl.handle.net/1822/8476 (Acedido em 11 de Novembro de
- 2008).Costa, I. (2008). A WebQuest na aula de Matemática: Um Estudo de Caso com Alunos do 10º Ano de Escolaridade. Mestrado em Educa ç ã o, na Á rea de Especializa ç ã o em Tecnologia Educativa, IEP, Universidade do Minho.
- Davis, B.G. (1993). Collaborative Learning: GroupWork and Study Teams. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. ELI – Educause Learning Initiative (2006). 7 things you should know about… Screecasting. Http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ELI7012.pdf (Acedido em 15 de Dezembro de 2008).
- Gkatzidou, S. & Pearson, E. (2007). Vodcasting: A case study in adaptability to meet learners’ needs and preferences. In ICT: Providing choices for learners and learning. Proceedings ascilite Singapore 2007. Http://www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/singapore07/procs/gkatzidou.pdf (Acedido em 24 de
- Nets-T (2008). The ISTE-International Society for Technology in Education, 2008 Report. Http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standa rds_Final.pdf (Acedido em 12 de Dezembro de 2008).
- Papert, S.(1980) Mindstorms: Children, Computers and Powerful Ideas. 2nd Edition. New York: Basic Books.
- Papert, S. (1990). A Critique of Technocentrism in Thinking About the School of the Future. MIT Epistemology and Learning Memo No. 2. Cambridge, Massachusetts, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Laboratory. Http://www.papert.org/articles/ACritiqueofTechnocentrism.html
- Papert, S.(1994). A máquina das crian ç as: repensando a escola na era da informática. Porto Alegre: Artes Médicas.
- Pinder-Grover, T., Millunchick, J.M., & Bierwert, C. (2008, October). “ Work in progress: Using screencasts to enhance student learning in a large lecture material science and engineering course. ” 38th IEEE/ASEE Frontiers in Education Conference. Saratoga Springs, NY. 10/22/08– 10/25/08. Http://www.icee.usm.edu/icee/conferences/FIEC2008/papers/1362.pdf. (Acedido em 11
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.