Assessment of Student Work on Geographically Distributed Information Technology Project Teams PROCEEDINGS
Charles Tappert, Allen Stix, Pace University, United States
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Vancouver, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-76-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
There are issues in assessing the contributions of individual students on geographically distributed student teams working on information technology projects. At Pace University we have been using real-world student projects in capstone computing courses for about ten years. While the courses were conducted in a classroom environment during the early years, the current course has been essentially online for the last three years in order to reach a greater number of students. Through peer evaluations and other remote assessment techniques we have found it possible to assess the work of students on distributed teams.
Tappert, C. & Stix, A. (2009). Assessment of Student Work on Geographically Distributed Information Technology Project Teams. In T. Bastiaens, J. Dron & C. Xin (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2009--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 2011-2018). Vancouver, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 14, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/32759/.
© 2009 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Beck, K. (2000). Extreme Programming Explained. Addison-Wesley.
- Blackboard (2009). Courseware product marketed by Blackboard, Inc. Http://www.blackboard.com/.
- Brown, R.W. (1995). Autorating: Getting Individual Marks from Team Marks and Enhancing Teamwork. Proc. Frontiers Educ. Conf., IEEE/ASEE, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Clark, N., Davies, P., & Skeers, R. (2005). Self and Peer Assessment in Software Engineering Projects. Proc. 7th
- Denning, P.J. & Riehle, R.D. (2009). The Profession of IT: Is Software Engineering Engineering? Communications of the ACM, Vol. 52, No. 3, 24-26.
- Lewinson, T.S. & Zubin, J. (1944). Handwriting Analysis. King's Crown Press.
- Novitzki, J.E. (2001). Critical Issues in the Administration of an Integrating Capstone Course. Proc. Informing Science and IT Education 2001.
- Pressman, R.S. (2010). Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach (Seventh Edition). McGraw-Hill.
- Research Day (2009). Http://csis.pace.edu/~ctappert/srd2009/.
- Skype on Wikipedia (2009). Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype.
- Survey Monkey (2009). Http://www.surveymonkey.com/.
- Tappert, C.C. (2002). Students Develop Real-World Web and Pervasive Computing Systems. Proc. E-Learn 2002 World Conf. On E-Learning inCorporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Ed., Montreal, Canada.
- Tappert, C.C. & Cha, S.-H. (2004). Security-Related Research and Projects in Computing Promote Student Awareness of Security Issues. Proc. ISECON 2004 (also Info. Systems Educ. J., Vol. 4, No. 82, 2006).
- Tappert, C.C., Stix, A., & Cha, S.-H. (2007). The Interplay of Student Projects and Student-Faculty Research. Proc. E-Learn 2007 World Conf. On E-Learning inCorporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Ed., Quebec City, Canada.
- Tappert, C.C. & Stix, A. (2009). Pedagogical Issues in Managing Information Technology Projects Conducted by Geographically Distributed Student Teams. Proc. Soc. IT& Teachers Educ. Conf. (SITE 2009), Charleston, South Carolina.
- Tappert, C.C., Villani, M., & Cha, S. (2009). Keystroke Biometric Identification and Authentication on Long-Text Input. Chapter to appear in Behavioral Biometrics for Human Identification: Intelligent Applications, Edited by Liang Wang and Xin Geng. IGI Global.
- Wallace, R., Melton, H.K, & Schlesinger, H.R. (2008). Spycraft: The Secret History of the CIA's Spytechs, from Communism to al-Qaeda. Dutton.
- Wilkins, D.E. & Lawhead, P.B. (2000). Evaluating Individuals in Team Projects. Proc. 31st SIGCSE Tech. Symposium CS Educ., Austin, Texas, 172 – 175.
- Yugma (2009). Https://www.yugma.com/products/yugmase-skype-edition.php.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.