Design and Development of a Community of Practice of Business and Foreign Language Faculty
Mary Risner, University of Florida, United States
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Vancouver, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-76-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
The goal of this exploratory project is to create a comprehensive list of characteristics, challenges, and necessary actions for developing and maintaining an online community of practice made up of foreign language and business faculty at the high school and community college level. Research based guidelines and proposed models compiled from authoritative experts in the area of situated learning were used to design and implement the community of practice “checklist” that will serve as a formative evaluation tool during the design, establishment, and subsequent phases of growth of a community of practice.
Risner, M. (2009). Design and Development of a Community of Practice of Business and Foreign Language Faculty. In T. Bastiaens, J. Dron & C. Xin (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2009--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 1884-1889). Vancouver, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved June 1, 2023 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/32736/.
© 2009 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
ReferencesView References & Citations Map
- Ansell, S.E. And Park, J. (2003). Tracking techtrends. Education Week on the Web, 22, 35, 23-48. Retrieved June 15, 2009 from http://edweek.com/sreports/tc03/article.cfm?slug=35tracking.h22
- Brown, J.S., Collins, A., & Duguid, P. (1989). Situated cognition and the culture of learning. Educational Researcher, 18(1), 32–42.
- Easton, L.B. (2008). From professional development to professional learning. Phi Delta Kappan. 89(10), 755761.
- Garrison, D.R. & Arbaugh, J.B. (2007). Researching the community of inquiry framework: Review, issue and future directions. Internet and Higher Education, 10, 157-172.
- Hutchins, E. (1991). The social organization of distributed cognition. In L.B. Resnick, J.M. Levine, & S.D. Teasley (Eds.), Perspectives on socially shared cognition (pp. 283–306). Learning Research and Development
- Mezirow, J. (1991). Transformative dimensions of adult learning. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. Sprague, Debra. (2006). Research agenda for online teacher professional development. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education. 14(4), 657-661.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. Signed in users can suggest corrections to these mistakes.Suggest Corrections to References