The Math Boot Camp Wiki: Using a Wiki to Extend the Learning Beyond June PROCEEDINGS
Stein Brunvand, University of Michigan-Dearborn, United States ; Jeffrey Bouwman, Frank E. Weiss Elementary School, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Charleston, SC, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-67-9 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This study explores the use of a Wiki with fourth grade students to help reinforce and maintain mathematical concepts throughout the summer vacation. Students were provided access to a Wiki with several math lessons that included multimedia-based instructional materials such as videos, MP3s and animated avatars. This proposal looks specifically at how the Wiki was used to engage participants and introduce them to an online learning environment.
Brunvand, S. & Bouwman, J. (2009). The Math Boot Camp Wiki: Using a Wiki to Extend the Learning Beyond June. In I. Gibson, R. Weber, K. McFerrin, R. Carlsen & D. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2009--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2454-2456). Charleston, SC, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 14, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/30999/.
© 2009 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Collaborative Software Lab. (2000). A catalog of CoWeb uses. Retrieved September 22, 2008, from ftp://ftp.cc.gatech.edu/pub/gvu/tr/2000/00-19.pdf
- Emigh, W., & Herring, S.C. (2005). Collaborative Authoring on the Web: A Genre Analysis of Online Encyclopedias. Paper presented at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii.
- Mejias, U. (2006). Teaching social software with social software. Innovate, 2(5).
- Pixy Ferris, S., & Wilder, H. (2006). Uses and Potential of Wikis in the Classroom. Retrieved 8/10/08, 2008, from http://www.innovateonline.info/index.php?view=article & Id=258
- Prensky, M. (2001). Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants. On the Horizon, 9(5).
- Wagner, C., & Prasarnphanich, P. (2007). Innovating Collaborative Content Creation: The Role of Altruism and Wiki Technology. Paper presented at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii.
- Wikipedia. (2008). Retrieved September 9, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.