EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Vienna, Austria ISBN 978-1-880094-65-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Online counseling has been one important portion in our counseling skill training courses. In online counseling, video applications (such as video-conferences, storytelling, interactive information materials, screen-capture video, and counseling video session evaluation) are used for client assessment, online communications, counseling education and evaluation. This paper will present the analysis, design, implementation, and evaluation of integrating these applications into online counseling. Methods, procedures, activities, and issues will be described.
Liu, L. & Gentile, T. (2008). Video Applications for Online Counseling: Design and Practice. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2008--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 5662-5667). Vienna, Austria: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 19, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/29165/.
© 2008 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bassoppo-Mayo, T.C. (1997). Digital video interaction technology: The world's new frontier in education, training and development? International Journal of Instructional Media, 24(4), 305-314.
- Berry, T., Srebalus, D.J., Cromer, P.W., & Takacs, J. (2003). Counselor trainee technology use, skills, learning styles, and preferred modes of instruction. Journal of Technology in Counseling, 3(1). Available: http://jtc.colstate.edu/vol3_1/Takacs/Takacs.htm
- Bornas, X., Tortella-Feliu, M., Llabres, J., & Fullana, D. (2001). Computer assisted exposure treatment for flight phobia. Psychotherapy Research, 11(3), 259-273.
- Canabiss, K. (2002). Computer-related technology use by counselors in the new millennium: A Delphi study. Journal of Technology in Counseling, 2(2). Available: http://jtc.colstate.edu/vol2_2/cabaniss/cabaniss.htm
- Casey, J.A. (1999). Computer assisted simulation for counseling training of basic skills. Journal of Technology in Counseling, 1(1). Available: http://jtc.colstate.edu/vol1_1/simulation.htm
- Downing, T.K., Smaby, M.H., Maddux, C.D. (2001). A study of the transfer of group counseling skills from training to practice. Journal for Specialists in GroupWork, 26, 156-167.
- Liu, L. (2007). Design and Implementation of an Online Course in Counseling and Information Technology. In C. Crawford, R. Carlsen, I. Gibson, K. McFerrin, J. Price, R. Weber& D.A. Willis (Eds.), Technology& Teacher Education Annual 2007 (pp. 2404-2409). Charlottesville, VA: AACE.
- Liu, L., & Maddux, C. (2008). An online course to prepare school counselors for online career counseling. In K. McFerrin, R. Weber, R. Carlsen, & D.A. Willis (Eds.), Technology& Teacher Education Annual 2008 (pp. 3035-3040). Charlottesville, VA: AACE.
- Liu, L., Maddux, C., & Smaby, M. (2006). Integrate Digital Video Technology into School Counseling Training. In C. Crawford, R. Carlsen, I. Gibson, K. McFerrin, J. Price, R. Weber& D.A. Willis (Eds.), Technology& Teacher Education Annual 2006 (pp. 625-630). Charlottesville, VA: AACE.
- Liu, L., & Johnson, L. (2003). A new approach of design: Technology integration as information system development. Presented at: SITE (Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education), Albuquerque, NM, March 28, 2003.
- Liu, L., & Velasquez-Bryant, J. (2003). An information technology integration system and its lifecycle: What is missing? Computers in the Schools, 20(1-2), 93-106.
- Maddux, C.D., Johnson, D.L., & Willis, J.W. (2001). Educational computing: Learning with tomorrow’s technologies, 3rd Ed. Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Myrick, R.D. (1997). Traveling together on the road ahead. Professional School Counseling, 1(1), 4-8.
- Neukrug, E.S. (1991). Computer-assisted live supervision in counseling skills training. Counselor education and Supervision, 31(2), 132-139.
- Newman, J. (2006). Voice and video communication using Skype: Manual. University of Nevada, Reno.
- Sampson, J.P., Kolodinsky, R.W., & Greeno, B.P. (1997). Counseling on the information highway: Future possibilities and potential problems. Journal of Counseling and Development, 75(3), 203-212.
- Schafle, S., Smaby, M.H., & Liu, L. (2006). Counselors’ attitudes toward video editing technology. Vistas, 3(1), 1-9. Online journal by American Counseling Association.
- Smaby, M.H., Maddux, C.D., Torres-Rivera, E., & Zimmick, R. (1999). A study of the effects of a skillsbased versus a conventional group counseling training program. Journal for Specialists in GroupWork, 24, 152-163.
- Sturges, J.W. (1998). Practical use of technology in professional practice. Professional Psychology, 29 (2), 183-188.
- Watson, J.C. (2003). Computer-based supervision: Implementing computer technology into the delivery of counseling supervision. Journal of Technology in Counseling, 3(1). Available: http://jtc.colstate.edu/vol3_1/Watson/Watson.htm
- Zimmick, R., Smaby, M.H., & Maddux, C. (2000). Improving the use of a group counseling scale and related model to teach theory and skills integration. Counselor Education and Supervision, 39, 248 DASHDASH
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.