Evaluation of Learning Management Systems with Test Tools PROCEEDINGS
Burcu Kor, Zuhal Tanrikulu, Bogazici University, Turkey
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Vienna, Austria ISBN 978-1-880094-65-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Not only the success and/or effectiveness of the e-learning system but also evaluation of e-learning are a sophisticated issue. Dependable ways are needed to analysis of e-learning success, whereas the success of e-learning systems cannot be evaluated by using a single criteria or item scale. In this particular study, some automated software tools are executed to test the e-learning systems’ software. It is assumed that performance, stress and standard compliance evaluation results, and functionality comparisons of the systems can be an indicator for whole e-learning system success. Some non-commercial testing tools can be used to evaluate e-learning systems according to the previously defined criteria. Thus, the purpose of this study is to provide a prototype to evaluate e-learning systems success and/or effectiveness by addressing the success criteria.
Kor, B. & Tanrikulu, Z. (2008). Evaluation of Learning Management Systems with Test Tools. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2008--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 5261-5266). Vienna, Austria: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 14, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/29105/.
© 2008 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Chen, R. & Hsiang, C. (2007). A study on the critical success factors for corporations embarking on knowledge communitybased e-learning. Information Sciences, Vol. 177, (pp. 570–586).
- Chu C., Chang C., Yeh, C. & Yeh, Y. (2004). A Web-service Oriented Framework for Building SCORM Compatible Learning
- Kefalas, P., Retalis, S., Stamalis, D. & Theodoros, K. (2003). Quality Assurance Procedures and E-ODL, International
- Ong, C., Lai, J. & Wang, Y. (2004). Factors Affecting Engineers’ Acceptance of Asynchronous e-Learning Systems in HighTech Companies. Information& Management, Vol. 41, No. 6, (pp. 795–804).
- Wang, J., Niu, Z., Song, H. & Liu, L. (2007). The Design and Realization of Distributed Learning Management System Based on
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.