Web-Based Home School Collaboration System Design and Development PROCEEDINGS
Liming Zhang, Dong Li, University of Macau, Macau
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Vienna, Austria ISBN 978-1-880094-65-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
The importance of the effective home-school collaboration is well accepted by researchers. Currently the type of home-school collaboration in Macao maintains the traditional ways: through paper work and parents-teachers meetings. Interactive communication between educators and parents is not emphasized. In this paper, an interactive web-based home-school collaboration system is introduced in detail. Parents can receive updated daily information about their children and communicate with the teachers in private through the system. Meanwhile, the system keeps the low workload for educators through designing. The system is being tested and further experiments are to be conducted in the future.
Zhang, L. & Li, D. (2008). Web-Based Home School Collaboration System Design and Development. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2008--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 1208-1214). Vienna, Austria: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 17, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/28539/.
© 2008 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Esler, A.N., Godber, Y., and Christenson, S.L.(2002). Best Practices in Supporting Home-School Collaboration. In Grimes, J., & Thomas A.(Eds.). Best Practices in School Psychology 4th Edition. (389-411). National Association of School Psychologists: Washington, D.C.
- DSEJ. (2007). A Brief Introduction of ﬁHome-School Cooperationﬂ. Http://www.dsej.gov.mo/~webdsej/www/einter_dsej_page.php?pt=http://&con=grp_par/co-E.htm
- HTML Wikipedia. (2008). HTML. Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML Teacher Personal Settings Account Management Semester Course Timetable Daily Homework Information Student Transcript Management Teacher-Parent Private BBS Management Logout Parents Account Management Students Account Management Teachers Assistant/ Student Helpers Account Management Create Delete Search \x0cH. Yang, L. Wang, and X. Han. (2007). Web-Based Home-School Interactive Platform Design and Applications. E-Education Research. 174(10), 47-50. J.L. Epstein. (1992) School and Family Partnership. In Alkin, M. (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Educational Research, 6 th Edition(1139-1151). New York: Macmillan.
- MySQLAB. (2008). MySQL::The world™s most popular open source database. Http://www.mysql.com/ NASP. (2005). Position Statement on Home-School Collaboration: Establishing Partnerships to Enhance Educational Outcomes. The NASP Delegate Assembly. S.Chen. (2007). Introducing Information Technology into Home-School Education Œ Education to Home System. China Educational Technology. 241(2), 79-81.
- The PHP Group. (2008). PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. Http://www.php.net/Y.Liu,Y.Zang,andD.Zhang(2007).AReviewoftheResearchonHome-SchoolCooperation.PsychologistScience.30(2),400-402.Zhang,R.X.(2008).StatisticsReportonMacaoInternetUtilization(01/2008).http://cn.chinagate.com.cn/IT/2008-01/17/content_9548559.htm
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.