A Dialogue on E-Learning and Diversity: the Learning Management System vs the Personal Learning Environment PROCEEDINGS
Jon Dron, University of Brighton, United Kingdom ; Madhumita Bhattacharya, Massey University, New Zealand
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Quebec City, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-63-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper is presented as a dialogue between proponents of the traditional learning management system and personal learning environments. The dialogue form is used to highlight the fact that the struggle between top-down, traditional, institutional processes of education and the bottom-up, learner-led, chaotic world of the twenty-first century learner is a wicked problem that is not easily resolved. The conclusions are necessarily ambiguous, but it is proposed that a model of learning that gives learners the ability to decide what level of control is appropriate for them is ideal.
Dron, J. & Bhattacharya, M. (2007). A Dialogue on E-Learning and Diversity: the Learning Management System vs the Personal Learning Environment. In T. Bastiaens & S. Carliner (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2007--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 2013-2020). Quebec City, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 14, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/26649/.
© 2007 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bhattacharya, M. (2005). Visual Tools for Collaborative Decision Making in E-learning. Paper presented at
- Buckingham-Shum, S., Motta, E., & Domingue, J. (1999). Modelling and Visualizing Perspectives in Internet Digital Libraries. Paper presented at the Third Annual Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, Paris, France.
- Churchill, W. (1943). HC Deb 28 October 1943 c403. Retrieved. From.
- Dron, J. (2006). Any color you like, as long as it’ s Blackboard®. Paper presented at the E-Learn 2006, Hawaii.
- Dron, J. (2007). Control and Constraint in E-Learning: Choosing When to Choose. Hershey, PA: Idea
- White, D. (2007). Results of the ‘Online Tool Use Survey’ undertaken by the JISC funded SPIRE project. Retrieved 24th March 2007, 2007, from http://tallblog.conted.ox.ac.uk/wpcontent/uploads/2007/03/survey-summary.pdf
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.