E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-60-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
Satellite communications recently replaced the two-way radio at the School of Air classrooms throughout Northern Territory and News South Wales in Australia. The evaluators of this massive technology innovation surveyed all the participants in the programs. The surveys indicate that the students, parents, teachers and associated people were pleased with the improvements in sound quality and being able to see the teachers. The respondents were very impressed with the improvements in most aspects of the educational communications and by the new opportunities presented by the new satellite-based facilities, the training and access to Internet. A number of areas for improvement of the systems and their operations were also identified, e.g. desired improvements in student and parent training in the equipment use, the sharing of innovative teaching techniques among teachers, exploring the possibility of providing secondary education in the remote areas via this system.
Crump, S., Tuovinen, J.T. & Simons, L. (2006). Effects of Satellite Communications in the World’s Largest Classroom. In T. Reeves & S. Yamashita (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2006--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 192-199). Honolulu, Hawaii, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/23683/.
© 2006 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Crump, S., Tuovinen, J.E., & Simons, L. (2005). WIDeLy and rapIDeLy. A Report Into Interactive Distance eLearning in New South Wales and the Northern Territory (Evaluation Report). Orange: Centre for Regional Education, University of Sydney.
- Darnell, F., & Simpson, P.M. (1981). Rural Education: In Pursuit of Excellence. Nedlands: University of Western Australia Press.
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission. (1999). Bush Ta lks. Sydney: HREOC.
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission. (2000). Recommendations: National Inquiry into Rural and Remote Education. Sydney: HREOC.
- NBEET. (1991). Toward a National Education and Training Strategy. Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service.
- NBEET Higher Education Council. (1999). Rural and Isolated School Students and their Higher Education Choices. Canberra: NBEET.
- Towers, J., & Coad, J. (2005). The performing arts project. Paper presented at the SPERA Annual Conference, Darwin.
- Tuovinen, J.E. (2000). Multimedia distance education interactions. Educational Media International, 37(1), 16-24.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.