CITE Journal Volume 4, Number 3, ISSN 1528-5804 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Waynesville, NC USA
Advocates of integrating technology education in teacher education face a significant obstacle that may not be experienced by other curriculum reformers – they probably do not know much about curriculum reform. By examining models of curricular change, technology integration advocates may be more successful in implementing their ideas.
Rock, T. & Passe, J. (2004). Technology Integration at the University Level: An Analysis of an Elementary Social Studies Methods Course. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 4(3), 313-322. Waynesville, NC USA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved February 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/19955/.
© 2004 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Berson, M.J. (2000). Rethinking research and pedagogy in the social studies: The creation of caring connections through technology. Theory and Research in Social Education, 28(1), 121-131.
- Diem, R. (2000). Can it make a difference? Technology and the social studies. Theory and Research In Social Education, 28(4), 493-501.
- Doolottle, P.E. (2001). The need to leverage theory in the development of guidelines for
- Honey, M., Culp, K.M., & Carrigg, F. (1999). Perspectives on technology and education research: Lessons from the past and present. Retrieved October 20, 1004, from http://www.ed.gov/rschstat/eval/tech/techconf99/whitepapers/paper1.html
- International Society for Technology Education. (2000). National educational technology standards for teachers: Preparing teachers to use technology. Retrieved October 20, 2004, from http://cnets.iste.org/teachers/t_book.html
- Maryland State Department of Education. (2002). Technology inventory summary. Retrieved October 20, 2004, from http://msde.aws.com/summary.asp
- Mason, C., Berson, M., Diem, R., Hicks, D., Lee, J., & Dralle, T. (2000). Guidelines for using technology to prepare social studies teachers. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education [Online serial], 1 (1). Retrieved October 20, 2004, from http://www.citejournal.org/vol1/iss1/currentissues/socialstudies/article1.htm
- President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. (1998, June). PCA ST letter on educational research. Available: http://www.ostp.gov/PCAST/lettered_Res.html
- Rice, M.L., & Miller, M.T. (2001). Faculty involvement in planning for the use and integration of instructional and administrative technologies. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 33 (3), 328-33 7.
- Rose, S.A., & Fernlund, P.M. (1997). Using technology for powerful social studies learning. Social Education, 61 (3), 160-166.
- Tanner, D., & Tanner. L. (1995) Curriculum development: Theory into practice (3rd ed.). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Merrill.
- Whitworth, S., & Berson, M. (2002, April). Computer technology in the social studies: An examination of the effectiveness literature (1996-2001). Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA. 321 Author Note: Tracy Rock
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.