Looking around in the classroom: Virtual reality panoramas in multimedia case study development for preservice teacher preparation.
David McCurry, Monmouth University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-47-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This session will report on the process of making digital virtual reality panoramas of classrooms, the use of this visual media in eliciting teacher self-reflections, and the subsequent use of these materials as case studies for preservice teacher preparation. Methodological issues related to visual ethnography and critical inquiry in contextual analysis of classroom learning space and practice is considered along side the use of multimedia case studies for preservice teacher learning.
McCurry, D. (2003). Looking around in the classroom: Virtual reality panoramas in multimedia case study development for preservice teacher preparation. In C. Crawford, N. Davis, J. Price, R. Weber & D. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2003--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2321-2324). Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 26, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/18431/.
- Denzin, N.K. (1988) Triangulation. In J.P. Keeves (Ed.), Educational Research, Methodology, and Measurement: An International Handbook (P. 511-513). Oxford: Pergamon Press.
- Goldman, E., Barron, L., and Witherspoon, M.L. (1991). Hypermedia cases in teacher education: A context for understanding research on the teaching and learning of mathematics. Action in Teacher Education, 13(1), 28-6.
- Kanstrup, A.M. (2002). Picture the practice– using photography to explore use of technology within teachers’ work practices. Forum: Qualitative Social Research, (3)2. Accessed 10/27/02 online at[ http://www.qualitativeresearch.net/fqs-texte/2-02/2-02kanstrup-E.htm ].
- Kelle, U. (2000). Computer-assisted analysis: Coding and indexing. In Bauer, M.W. And Gaskell, G., (Eds.). Qualitative Researching with text, image and sound. London: Sage.
- Lacey, C.A. And Merseth, K.K. (1993). Cases, hypermedia and computer networks: Three curriculum innovations for teacher education. Journal of Curriculum Studies, 6, 543-552.
- Merseth, K.K. And Lacey, C.A. (1993). Weaving stronger fabric: The pedagogical promise of hypermedia and case methods in teacher education. Teaching and Teacher Education, 9(3), 283-299.
- Miles, M.B. & Huberman, A.M. (1994) Qualitative Data Analysis. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Monroe-Baillargeon, A.P., Hergert, T. (2000). Preparing Teachers for Collaboration: Video Case Studies Of Collaborative Teaching Teams In Inclusive Classrooms. Paper presented at the Association of Teacher Educators Annual Meeting, February 12-16, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- Prosser, J. (1998). Image-based research, a sourcebook for qualitative researchers. London: Falmer Press.
- Wiersma, W. (1986) Research Methods in Education, An Introduction. 4th Ed. Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon, Inc.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.