E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada ISBN 978-1-939797-31-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
Video teaching samples or “virtual visits” may serve as a promising practice to further support a community of practice in online learning environments Our project, funded by the National Science Foundation, has demonstrated that online professional development can effectively meet the needs of computer science teachers across the United States As part of this online professional development experience, teachers submit video teaching samples to their master teacher (mentor) and professional learning community Through this experience, teachers view and reflect on their teaching and share this video and reflection with their professional learning community Our early findings indicate that the use of video teaching samples in online learning environments may provide an effective way for teachers to share, reflect and discuss teaching practices in online educational settings
Lucarelli, C., Rosato, J. & Beckworth, C. (2017). “Virtual Visits”: Promising practices and lessons learned in the use of video teaching samples for online professional development. In J. Dron & S. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 978-983). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved January 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/181186/.
© 2017 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Darling-Hammond, L., Chung Wei, R., Andree, A., Richardson, N., & Orphanos, S. (2009). Professional Learning in the Learning Profession. National Staff Development Council and The School Redesign Network at Stanford University. Retrieved https://edpolicy.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/publications/professionallearning-learning-professiostatus-report-teacher-development-us-and-abroad_0.pdf
- Garrison, D.R., Anderson, T., & Archer, W. (2000). Critical inquiry in a text-based environment: Computer conferencing in higher education model. The Internet and Higher Education, 2(2-3), 87-105.
- Hardee, C., Duffin, M., & PEER Associates. (2013). Five(+) guiding principles for professional development: Summary report, professional development literature review. Project Learning Tree, Washington, DC.
- Steeg, S.M. (2016). A Case Study of Teacher Reflection: Examining Teacher Participation in a Video-Based Professional Learning Community. Journal Of Language And Literacy Education, 12(1), 122-141.
- Wenger-Trayner, B., & Wenger-Trayner, T. (2015). Introduction to communities of practice: A brief review of the concept and its uses. Retrieved from http://wenger-trayner.com/introduction-to-communities-of-practice/ On January 14, 2015.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- _Virtual_Visits_Mobile_CSP_Video_Best_Practices_51575.pdf (Access with Subscription)