A framework to support the introduction of teaching by competence PROCEEDINGS
Giovanna Chiozzi, Telecomitalia S.p.A., Italy ; Silvio Giaffredo, Università di Trento, Italy ; Marco Ronchetti, University of Trento, Italy
Global Learn, in Berlin, Germany Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
Schools are undergoing important transformations. Much emphasis has been put on one of them: the introduction of ICT. Another one – the move towards competence based education – is getting less attention, but its impact on school innovation might be vastly superior – at least in those countries where education is mostly based on a transmissive, content based paradigm. In this paper we present a framework composed by an electronic system backed by methodological indications that, in our intention and belief, will facilitate and support the difficult transition to a new educational paradigm. In the paper we also outline the many difficult problems that hinder such a transition.
Chiozzi, G., Giaffredo, S. & Ronchetti, M. (2015). A framework to support the introduction of teaching by competence. In Proceedings of Global Learn Berlin 2015: Global Conference on Learning and Technology (pp. 474-480). Berlin, Germany: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved September 20, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/150944/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Goodrich, H. (1996). "Understanding Rubrics. " Educational Leadership, 54 (4), pp.14-18
- Hyland, T. (1997). Reconsidering competence. Journal of Philosophy of Education, Vol. 31 No. 3, pp. 491-503.
- Le Boterf, G. (2005). De quel concept de compétence avons-nous besoin? Soins Cadres, vol. 41, February 2002. Retrieved 11 February, 2015 on http://www.guyleboterf-conseil.com/images/Soins%20cadres.PDF OECD (2014), New Insights from TALIS 2013: Teaching and Learning in Primary and Upper Secondary Education, OECD Publishing.
- PISA (2014) OECD Programme for International Student Assessment, http://www.oecd.org/pisa/, Last visited Feb 1, 2014
- Pikkarainen, E. (2014) Competence as a key concept of educational theory-a semiotic point of view. Journal of Philosophy of Education, Vol. 48 No. 4, 2014, pp. 621-636
- Sophian, S. (1997). Beyond competence: the significance of performance for conceptual development. Cognitive Development, Vol. 12, P. 281-303.
- Tuning (2014) TUNING Project-Educational Structure in Europe. Retrieved 3 November, 2014 on http://www.unideusto.org/tuningeu/home.html
- Winterton, J., De La Mare-De Leist, F., and Stringfellow, E. (2006) Typology of knowledge, skills and competences: clarification of the concept and prototype Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, Cedefop Reference series; 64 – ISSN 1608-7089 ISBN 92-896-0427-1
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.