Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Las Vegas, NV, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper is a report on the design of a communications course used to prepare pre-service teachers to use communication-type technology for distance education classes. We used activity theory as a foundation for the ITD model and to use in upcoming assessments. We designed an online communications course for pre-service teachers which focused on integration of the technological components into units. Finally we created a number of assessment procedures to address understanding and technical ability.
Lee, A.M. & Liu, L. (2015). Preparing Pre-service Teachers: Designing a Communications Course through an ITD Model. In D. Rutledge & D. Slykhuis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2015--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 377-381). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 18, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/150019/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Callahan, A.L., Weaver, L.A., Givens, P.E., & Barrett, A J. (1992) Proceedings from IEEE Xplore. 1992 Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Daniel, J., Kanwar, A., & Uvalic-Trumbic, S. (2008). Achieving quality in distance education. Commonwealth of Learning. Retrieved from http://www.col.org/RESOURCES/SPEECHES/2008PRESENTATIONS/Pages/2008-0404.aspx.
- Engestrom, Y. (2007). Eriching activity theory without shortcuts. Science Direct, 20(2), 256-259.
- Liu, L., & Valesquez-Bryant, N. (2003). An information technology integration system and its lifecycle: What is missing?
- Mironenko, I.A. (2013). Concerning interpretations of activity theory. Integrative Psychological and Behavioral Science, 47, 376-393.
- Phillips, R., Kennedy, G., & McNaught, C. (2012). The role of theory in learning technology evaluation research. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 28(7), 1103–1118.
- Scanlon, E., & Issroff, K. (2005). Activity theory and higher education: Evaluating learning technologies. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 21, 430-439.
- U.S. Department of Education. (2011). The condition of education. National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved from: http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=80.
- U.S. Department of Education. (2014). Enrollment in distance education courses by state: Fall 2012. National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved from: http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2014/2014023.pdf.
- Vygotsky, L. (2012). Thought and language. MIT Press.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.