Creating an Online Professional Writing Course for Mid- to Late-Career Nurses PROCEEDINGS
Mark Mabrito, Purdue University Calumet
TCC Worldwide Online Conference, ISSN 1937-1659 Publisher: TCCHawaii
Mabrito, M. (2014). Creating an Online Professional Writing Course for Mid- to Late-Career Nurses. In Proceedings of TCC Worldwide Online Conference 2014 (pp. 42-53). TCCHawaii. Retrieved August 17, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/p/149827/.
© 2014 TCCHawaii
- AARP. (2007). The state of 50+ America. Washington, DC : Author. Retrieved September 13, 2013 from http://assets.aarp.org/rgcenter/econ/fifty_plus_2007.pdf.
- Allen, E.I. & Seaman, J. (2011). Going the distance: Online education in the United States, 2011. Wellesley, Massachusetts: Babson Research Group.
- Alley, D. & Crimmins, E. (2007). The demography of aging and work. In K.S. Shultz & G.A. Adams (Eds.), Aging and Work in the 21st Century (pp. 7-23). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence
- Erickson, A.S& Noonan, P.M. (2010). Late-Career adults in online education: A rewarding experience for individuals ages 50 to 65. Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, 6(2), 388-397.
- Fidishun, D. (2000, April). Andragogy and technology: Integrating adult learning theory as we teach with technology. Proceedings of the 2000 Mid-South Instructional Technology Conference. Murfreesboro, TN: Middle Tennessee State University. Retrieved September 5, 2013, from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED446749.pdf
- Frey, B.A., & Alman, S.W. (2003). Applying adult learning theory to the online classroom. New Horizons in Adult Education, 17(1), 4-12.
- Knowles, M.S. (1972). The modern practice of adult education (Andragogy versus Pedagogy). New York: Association Press 52
- Lakin, M.B., Mullane, L. & Robinson, S.P. (2008). Mapping new directions: Higher education for older adults. Washington DC: American Council on Education.
- Lakin, M.B., Mullane, L. & Robinson, S.P. (2007). Framing new terrain: Older adults and higher education. Washington DC: American Council on Education.
- Lieb, S. (1991). Principles of adult learning. Phoenix, AZ: Vision– South Mountain Community College, Retrieved September 5, 2013 from http://www.lindenwood.edu/education/andragogy/andragogy/2011/Lieb_1991.pdf
- Merriam, S.B., & Caffarella, R.S. (1999). Learning in adulthood (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Zickuhr, K. & Madden, M. (2012). Older adults and Internet use. Washington, D.C.: Pew Research Center’s Internet& American Life Project, Retrieved September 5, 2013 from http://www.pewinternet.org/~/media//Files/Reports/2012/PIP_Older_adults_and_internet_use.pdf
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.