Slippery Rocks and ALGAE: A Multiplayer Educational Roleplaying Game and a Model for Adaptive Learning Game Design PROCEEDINGS
Cynthia Calongne, Colorado Technical University ; Andrew Stricker, Air University ; Barbara Truman, Fusion Unlimited Networks ; Jason Murray, Colorado Technical University ; Edward Lavieri, Jr. ; , Unlimited Networks, United States
TCC Worldwide Online Conference, ISSN 1937-1659 Publisher: TCCHawaii
Calongne, C., Stricker, A., Truman, B., Murray, J., Lavieri, E.,. (2014). Slippery Rocks and ALGAE: A Multiplayer Educational Roleplaying Game and a Model for Adaptive Learning Game Design. In Proceedings of TCC Worldwide Online Conference 2014 (pp. 13-23). TCCHawaii. Retrieved August 17, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/p/149824/.
© 2014 TCCHawaii
- Calongne, C & Stricker, A. (2009). Evaluating a Game Simulation Kit in Second Life. NMC Symposium, March 25, 2009. Retrieved from http://www.slideshare.net/lyrlobo/evaluating-a-game-simulation-kit-in-second-life
- Calongne, C. & Stricker, A. (2011). Games and Simulation Design: From a Hostage Rescue Game to Geothermal Energy on Mars in Virtual Harmony. Presented at the Gordon Research Conference on Visualization in Science and Education, July 10-15, 2011, Bryant University, Smithfield, R.I. Retrieved from http://www.slideshare.net/lyrlobo/gordon-research-conference-2011
- Campbell, J. (2008). The hero with a thousand faces (The collected works of Joseph Campbell). Third Edition, Novato: New World Library.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (2004). Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: Flow, the secret to happiness. Ted Talk. Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/mihaly_csikszentmihalyi_on_flow.html
- Huizinga, J. (1949). Homo ludens: A study of the play-element in culture. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul. Retrieved from http://art.yale.edu/file_columns/0000/1474/homo_ludens_johan_huizinga_routledge_1949_.pdf
- McGonigal, J. (2011). Reality is broken: Why games make us better and how they can change the world. New York: The Penguin Press.
- Miller, G. (1990). Invited reviews: The assessment of clinical skills/competence/performance. Academic Medicine (September Supplement); 65(9), S63-S67. Retrieved from http://winbev.pbworks.com/f/Assessment.pdf
- Salen, K., & Zimmerman, E. (2004). Rules of Play. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Schell, J. (2008). The art of game design: a book of lenses. Burlington: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers.
- Stricker, A. (2012). Virtual world design thinking. Retrieved from http://vwdesignthinking.com/
- Stricker, A. (2013). Slippery rock falls. [Software]. Loire: Virtual Harmony.
- Vogler, C. (2007). The writer’s journey: mythic structure for writers. Third Edition. Studio City, CA: M. Wiese Productions.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.