Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Atlanta, GA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-52-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The Vermont Institutes and Teaching Research, of Western Oregon University are partners in a preservice technology initiative that uniquely prepares teachers to improve student learning. The initiative documents growth in future teachers' results-oriented abilities by using a powerful new classroom and school simulation tool (SimSchool). This session will share how SimSchool and one of its partner projects “eTIPS” serve as examples of simulations and case-based e-learning platforms that provide a framework for assessing the knowledge and skills of preservice students.
Gibson, D. & Halverson, B. (2004). Simulation as a Framework for Preservice Assessment. In R. Ferdig, C. Crawford, R. Carlsen, N. Davis, J. Price, R. Weber & D. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2004--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3322-3325). Atlanta, GA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/13375/.
- Dexter, S. (2003). The Promise of Network-based Assessment for Supporting the Development of Teachers’ Technology Integration and Implementation Skills. Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education 14th International Conference, New Orleans, SITE-AACE.
- Gibson, D. (2003). "Network-based assessment in education." Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education 3 (3). Girod, G. And M. Schalock (2002). Does TWSM work? Connecting Teaching and Learning: A Handbook for Teacher Educators on Teacher Work Sample Methodology. G. Girod. Washington DC, American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education.
- Millman, J., Ed. (1997). Grading teachers, grading schools. Thousand Oaks, CA, Corwin. Riedel, E. And D. Gibson (2004). Learning through exploration of an online school: Characteristics of preservice teachers’ searches. Society for Information Technology in Teacher Education, Atlanta, GA, SITE.
- Stevens, A. (1999). Tracking, curriculum differentiation, and the student experience in english (high schools, language arts), State University Of New York at Albany: 1053.
- Stevens, R. (1991). "Search path mapping: A versatile approach for visualizing problem-solving behavior." Academic Medicine 66(9):S72-S75.
- Tomlinson, C.A. (1999). The differentiated classroom: Responding to the needs of all learners. Alexandria, VA, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.