Intelligent Agents in Collaborative E-Learning Environments PROCEEDINGS
Elhadi Shakshuki, School of Computer Science, Canada ; Helen Lei, Ivan Tomek, Acadia University, Canada
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Lugano, Switzerland ISBN 978-1-880094-53-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Collaborative Virtual Environments (CVEs) provide us with “virtual buildings” where team members can communicate, collaborate and share information, regardless of their geographic locations. Several such environments are available and widely used for research, teaching and training. This paper investigates several CVEs with a special focus on their use in e-Learning. Although these environments provide several useful features such as documents sharing and whiteboards, they are missing other features such as software agents. Towards this end, this paper reports on ongoing research and describes a software agent for the Collaborative Virtual Workspace (CVW).
Shakshuki, E., Lei, H. & Tomek, I. (2004). Intelligent Agents in Collaborative E-Learning Environments. In L. Cantoni & C. McLoughlin (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2004--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 769-775). Lugano, Switzerland: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 15, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/12576/.
© 2004 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Blackboard. (2003). Http://www.blackboard.com/.
- MCP. (2001). Http://cvw.sourceforge.net/cvw/info/mcpdocs/protocols/current_protocols.php3.
- Shakshuki, E. (2003). Help People to Learn Using Agent-Oriented Approach. The 4th In ternational Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (pp. 690-694), Marrakech, Morocco.
- WBT. (2003). Http://www.wbtsystems.com/.
- WebCT. (2003). Http://www.webct.com/.
- Wikipedia . (2003). The Free Encyclopedia. Http://www.wikipeida.org .
- WorLD Programme. (2003). Http://ww.worldbank.org/worldlinks .
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.