The Potential Influences on Pedagogics by Introducing iPad for Smart Education
DoHyun Kim, Xi Zhou, New York University, United States
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Las Vegas, NV, USA ISBN 978-1-939797-05-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
This paper presentation is about using tablet PCs in classrooms and will provide teachers with information about the potential difficulties of applying E-learning tools to educational purposes as well as possible solutions to the problems based on experiences as both an engineer and a teacher. This will inform how people can properly deploy tablets like the iPad by introducing specific functions, and why the features are necessary to enhance learning process. Also, the trend of changing Classroom settings from 2.0 to 3.0 in the United States and why these phenomena happened will be explained. Finally, Some practical educational applications or E-learning content will be introduced. Also, there will be chance to talk about what factors would prevent teachers and schools from using e-learning tools and some potential problems for introducing tablet PCs for every student.
Kim, D. & Zhou, X. (2013). The Potential Influences on Pedagogics by Introducing iPad for Smart Education. In T. Bastiaens & G. Marks (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2013--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 2416-2425). Las Vegas, NV, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved April 2, 2023 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/115245/.
© 2013 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
ReferencesView References & Citations Map
-  Apple Inc. (2012). Apple in Education. Retrieved from http://www.apple.com/education/ipad/ Http://www.apple.com/education/profiles/escondi
-  Barbara, R. (2012, March 25). Watchung 2012-2013 Board of Education Budget Includes Money for iPads, eReaders. Retrieved from http://www.nj.com/independentpress/index.ssf/2012/03/watchung_20122013_board_of_ed.html
-  Apple Inc. (2010). Apple Education Central Elementary School Profile. Retrieved from
-  Cutrim Schmid, E. (2008). Potential pedagogical benefits and drawbacks of multimedia use in the english language classroom equipped with interactive whiteboard technology, Comput. Educ. Retrieved from http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm? Id=1405209.1405466.
-  Sebastien. (2012, March 7). IPad4 Specs Revealed. Retrieved from http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/03/07/ipad3-specs-revealed/
-  Warschauer. (2012, April 1). Pencils, Notebooks And iPad— Check. McClatchy Newspapers. Retrieved from http://topics.areavoices.com/2012/04/01/pencilsnotebooks-and-ipad-check
-  Wilfred, W, Fong. (2012). From Web 2.0 to Classroom 3.0 Retrieved from http://learn.utoronto.ca/ Http://www.springerlink.com/content/07717852rv
-  Prensky, M. (2001). Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants. Retrieved from http://www.marcprensky.com/writing/prensky%20-%20digital%20natives,%20digital%20immigrants%20-%20part1.pdf
-  Rosenblatt, L. (2005). Making meaning with
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. Signed in users can suggest corrections to these mistakes.Suggest Corrections to References