E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Washington, DC, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-54-9 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
The evaluation of scientific endeavour is ultimately a learning process. Objective data containing bibliographic information can be visualized as bibliometric graphs. However, understanding the contents of this representation requires tools that support an intersubjective interpretation process. This paper presents an additional tool for bibliometric evaluative purposes. This tool is useful for both research managers and scientists. The first advantage of this tool is that it is an easier way of accessing the contents of bibliometric maps. Additionally, the introduction of a qualitative map in the bibliometric analysis allows for more advanced usage, like expressing socio-economic problems in qualitative terms and then applying these expressions to the bibliometric data by the way of the bibliometric map.
Nuutinen, J., Laine, T., Sutinen, E., Buter, R. & Noyons, E. (2004). Problem and Content Development to Support Evaluation of Science. In J. Nall & R. Robson (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2004--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 144-151). Washington, DC, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 17, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/11446/.
© 2004 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Callon, M., Law, J., and Rip, A. (1986). Mapping the Dynamics of Science and Technology, Sociology of Science in the real world . The Macmillan Press Ltd., London. ISBN 0- 333 -37223-9 .
- De Solla Price, D. (1965). Networks of scientific papers. Science , 149:510–515.
- Gerdt P. Et al (2001). Woven Stories as a Cognitive Tool. Cognitive Technology 2001 , LNAI 2117, Springer- Verlag, 2001, 233 -247.
- Moed, H. (1989). The Use of Bibliometric Indicators for the Assessment of Research Performance in the Natural and Life Sciences. PhD thesis, CWTS, Leiden University.
- Noyons, E. (1999). Bibliometric Mapping as a Science Policy and Research Management Tool. PhD thesis, CWTS, Leiden University.
- Raan, A. V. (2000). On growth, ageing, and fractal differentiation of science. Sc ien tome trics, 47:347–362.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.