Using Web 2.0 in Online Learning: What Students Said About VoiceThread
Michiko Kobayashi, Southern Utah University, United States
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Victoria, Canada ISBN 978-1-939797-03-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
VoiceThread is a popular Web 2.0 program and has been used by many educators because of its ease of use and flexibility. It is an asynchronous online discussion board with audio/video capabilities. Various studies show that VoiceThread promotes students’ engagement and collaboration in different subject areas at all grade levels. The purpose of the presentation is to share the author’s recent experiment on VoiceThead in an online course. Thirty-eight pre-service and in-service teachers engage in two different tasks using VoiceThread. After they complete the assignments, they respond to an online survey for assessing the pedagogical affordance of VoiceThread.
Kobayashi, M. (2013). Using Web 2.0 in Online Learning: What Students Said About VoiceThread. In J. Herrington, A. Couros & V. Irvine (Eds.), Proceedings of EdMedia 2013--World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 234-235). Victoria, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 12, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/111960/.
© 2013 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Brunvand, S., & Byrd, S. (2011). Using VoiceThread to Promote Learning Engagement and Success for All Students. Teaching Exceptional Children, 43(4), 28-37.
- Burden,K., & Atkinson, S. (2008). Evaluating pedagogical affordances of media sharing Web 2.0 technologies: A case study. Proceedings ascilite Melbourne, 2008.
- Campbell, L.O., & Williams-Rossi, D. (2012). THE WAY THEY WANT TO LEARN. Science Teacher, 79(1), 52-56.
- Holcomb, L.B. & Beal, C.M. (2010). Capitalizing on Web 2.0 in the Social Studies Context. TechTrends, 54(4), 28-32.
- McCormack, V. (2010). Utilizing Voicethread to increase teacher candidates' reflection and global implications for usage. Technology Implementation and Teacher Education: Reflective Models, 108-123.
- Weir, L. (2008). VoiceThreads: Extending the classroom with interactive multimedia albums. Retrieved from http://edutopica.org.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.