E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-90-7 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
Economic impact is deep & challenging higher education institutions around the globe. Many training & development budgets are non-existent, which has spawned a growth of grass-roots initiatives for professional development. Higher Ed professionals & faculty have begun to identify personal learning networks (PLNs) to connect & learn instead.
Pasquini, L. & Jackson, J. (2011). BreakDrink.com: Informal Learning & Alternative Professional Development for Higher Education Professionals. In C. Ho & M. Lin (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2011--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 362-364). Honolulu, Hawaii, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/38731/.
© 2011 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Conner, M.L. (2009). "Informal Learning." Retrieved from http://www.marciaconner.com/intros/informal.html
- Danis, C. (1992). Advances in research and practice in self-directed learning. In G.J. Confessore & S.U. Confessore (Eds.), Guideposts to self-directed learning (pp. 160-174). King of Prussia, PA: Organization
- Tapscott, D. & Williams, A. (2010). Innovating the 21-st Century University: It's Time! EDUCAUSE Review, 45(1); 16-29. Retrieved from: http://www.educause.edu/EDUCAUSE+Review/EDUCAUSEReviewMagazineVolume45/Innovatingthe21stCe NturyUniver/195370
- Vanthournout, D. & Koch, D.A. (2008, September). Training at your fingertips. Training+ Development, 62(9); 52-57.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- presentation_3048_34871.pdf (Access with Subscription)