E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Orlando, Florida, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-83-9 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
This paper shows the acquired experience in the development and use of a Rich Internet Application based on data streaming. This application has been developed to make the creation of multimedia content easier for the teachers, and to improve the actual interactive white board software. This project, called PICASST, has been developed within the frame of the project PROMETEO, an initiative promoted by the Quality and Educative Innovation Vice-chancellorship of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. PROMETEO offers lecturers a professional team to create multimedia e-learning content and to develop interactive software applications. Later, these contents will be managed making use of a multimedia learning management system. Therefore PROMETEO is an integral service of production and broadcasting of teaching contents.
Afonso, M.D., Guerra Artal, C., Hernández Tejera, F.M. & Godoy Delgado, D.M. (2010). PICASST Project, Using Rich Internet Applications based on data streaming. In J. Sanchez & K. Zhang (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2010--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 1-10). Orlando, Florida, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved January 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/35498/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Beauchamp, G. (2004) Teacher Use of the Interactive Whiteboard in Primary Schools: towards an effective
- Glover, D., & Miller, D. (2002). Running with technology: The impact of the large-scale introduction of interactive whiteboards in one secondary school. Journal of Information Technology for Teacher Education, 10(3), 257--276.
- Harris, S. (2002) Innovative Pedagogical Practices Using ICT in Schools in England. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 18, pp. 449-458.
- Keeler, C.M. (1996) Networked Instructional Computers in the Elementary Classroom and their Effect on the Learning Environment: a qualitative evaluation. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 28(3), pp. 329-345.
- Kendall, S. (2002). The Unified Process Explained. ISBN 0-201-74204-7.
- Kruchten, P. (2004). The Rational Unified Process: An Introduction (3rd Ed.). ISBN 0-321-19770-4.
- McCormick, R., Scrimshaw, P. (2001). Information and communications technology, knowledge and pedagogy. Education, Communication and Information, 1(1) 37--57.
- Piaget, J. (1950). The Psychology of Intelligence. New York: Routledge.
- Reardon, T. (2002). Interactive whiteboards in school: Effective uses. Media and Methods, 38(7), 12.
- Samaras, H., Giouvanakis, T., Bousiou, D., Tarabanis, K. (2004), Towards a New Generation of Multimedia Learning Research. AACE Journal. 14 (1), pp. 3-30. Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.