Customization of SharePoint for Teaching and Learning within a University Department PROCEEDINGS
Les Walczowski, Mark Ellis, University of Kent, United Kingdom
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Toronto, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-81-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
This paper describes how our Learning Management System (LMS) based on Microsoft SharePoint technology has been augmented with new enterprise functionality. This portal was originally developed to support novel teaching and learning strategies such as using RSS feeds, blogs and wikis as part of the E-Learning environment. By utilizing enterprise functionality built into the SharePoint framework, the LMS has most recently been extended to provide new resources for faculty and students.
Walczowski, L. & Ellis, M. (2010). Customization of SharePoint for Teaching and Learning within a University Department. In J. Herrington & C. Montgomerie (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2010--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 1280-1284). Toronto, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved October 16, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/34796/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Brown, G., Peterson, N., Wilson, A. And Ptaszynski, J. (2008) Out of the classroom and beyond. Innovate, Journal of online education. Vol 4 (5). Accessed April 2010 at http://www.microsoft.com/education/highered/whitepapers/classroom/OutOfTheClassroom.aspx
- Lappin J and McLeod J. (2009). Investigation into the use of Microsoft SharePoint in Higher Education Institutions, accessed April 2010 at http://www.eduserv.org.uk/research/studies/~/media/research/SharePoint%20Study%20LiteratureReview%20Se P2009%20pdf.ashx
- McLeod, J. (2009). Use of Microsoft SharePoint in UK Higher Education Institutions, accessed April 2010 at http://www.eduserv.org.uk/events/sharepoint-for-he
- Walczowski, L.T. And Ellis, M.K. (2007), A Learning Management Portal for E-Learning 2.0: a Teacher's and Developer's Perspective, Proceedings of E-Learn 2007, World Conference on E-Learning inCorporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, Quebec, Canada, pp 7424-7429
- Weller, M. (2006). VLE 2.0 and future directions in learning environments. First LAMS Conference, Sydney, December 2006, accessed April 2010 at http://lamsfoundation.org/lams2006/pdfs/Weller_Lams06.pdf
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.