Utilising Ontology-based Modelling for Learning Content Management PROCEEDINGS
Claus Pahl, Muhammad Javed, Yalemisew Abgaz, Dublin City University, Ireland
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Toronto, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-81-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Learning content management needs to support a variety of open, multi-format Web-based software applications. We propose multidimensional, model-based semantic annotation as a way to support the management of access to and change of learning content. We introduce an information architecture model as the central contribution that supports multi-layered learning content structures. We discuss interactive query access, but also change management for multi-layered learning content management. An ontology-enhanced traceability approach is at the core of the solution.
Pahl, C., Javed, M. & Abgaz, Y. (2010). Utilising Ontology-based Modelling for Learning Content Management. In J. Herrington & C. Montgomerie (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2010--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 1274-1279). Toronto, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved October 16, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/34795/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Barrett, R. And Pahl, C. (2004). A Web Services Architecture for Learning Object Discovery and Assembly. International Conference on the World-Wide Web WWW’04. IEEE Press. Pages 446-447.
- Boyce, S. And Pahl, C. (2007). The Development of Subject Domain Ontologies for Educational Technology Systems. Journal of Educational Technology and Society (ETS). 10(3):275-288. IEEE.
- Brusilovsky, P. (2000). Concept-based courseware engineering for large scale web-based education. In Davies, G. And Owen, C., editors, Proceedings of WebNet2000, World Conference of the WWW and Internet, 69–74, AACE.
- Cristea, A. And Aroyo, L. (2002). Adaptive authoring of adaptive educational hypermedia. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Adaptive Hypermedia (AH2002), 122–132, Springer-Verlag. Dagger, D. (2006b). Personalised eLearning Development Environments. PhD thesis, University of Dublin.
- Gray, J., Lin, Y., and Zhang, J. (2006). Automating Change Evolution in Model-Driven Engineering. Computer 39(2) 51
- Gruhn, V., Pahl, C., and Wever, M. (1995). Data Model Evolution as Basis of Business Process Management. In 14th International Conference on Object-Oriented and Entity Relationship Modelling O-O ER’95, LNCS 1021.
- Holohan, E., McMullen, D., Melia, M., and Pahl, C. (2005). Adaptive Courseware Generation based on Semantic Web Technologies. Proceedings International Workshop on Applications of Semantic Web Technologies for ELearning (SW-EL2005) at 12th Intl Conf on Artificial Intelligence in Education AIED2005.
- Kenny, C. And Pahl, C. (2005). Automated tutoring for a database skills training environment. ACM SIGCSE Symposium 2005. St. Louis, US. Pages 58-64. ACM Press.
- Pahl, C. (2004). Data Mining Technology for the Evaluation of Learning Content Interaction. International Journal on E-Learning (IJEL). 3(4): 47-55. AACE.
- Pahl, C., Barrett, R. And Kenny, C. (2004). Supporting Active Database Learning and Training through Interactive Multimedia. International Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education ITiCSE’04. ACM.
- Javed, M., Abgaz, Y., and Pahl, C.. (2009). A Pattern-based Framework of Change Operators for Ontology Evolution. The 4th International Workshop on Ontology Content OnToContent 2009. Springer-Verlag. LNCS.-1279 DASHDASH
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- EdMediaOntol.ppt (Access with Subscription)