Who We Are: Analysis of 10 Years of the ED-MEDIA Conference
Xavier Ochoa, Gonzalo Méndez, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, Ecuador ; Erik Duval, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Honolulu, HI, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-73-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
The field of educational multimedia, hypermedia and communications has been explored for more than 15 years in the ED-MEDIA conference. This paper presents a bibliometric and scientometric analysis of the researchers and papers that have been part of ED-MEDIA during these years. The authorship, co-authorship, citation and co-citation analysis are conducted to evaluate the characteristics of ED-MEDIA and its community. The findings suggest that ED-MEDIA is a well balanced scientific venue with a vibrant and collaborative community around it. The metrics obtained are also used to propose a Personalized Recommender System to help the participants get the most out of the conference.
Ochoa, X., Méndez, G. & Duval, E. (2009). Who We Are: Analysis of 10 Years of the ED-MEDIA Conference. In G. Siemens & C. Fulford (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2009--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 189-200). Honolulu, HI, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 11, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/31500/.
© 2009 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- AACE (2008). ED-MEDIA Conference On-line Library. [Online] http://www.editlib.org/j/ED-MEDIA
- Coile, R. (1977). Lotka's frequency distribution of scientific productivity. JASIST, 28(6)
- Freeman, L. (1977). A set of measures of centrality based on betweenness. Sociometry, 40(1), 35-41
- Hood, W. & Wilson, C. (2001). The literature of bibliometrics, scientometrics, and informetrics Scientometrics, 52(2), 291-314 In-cites.com. (2007). The year 2007:
- Ristad, E. & Yianilos, P. (1998). Learning string-edit distance. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 20 (5), 522-532
- Watts, D. & Strogatz, S. (1998). Small World. Nature, 393, 440-442
- Yablonsky, A. (1980). On fundamental regularities of the distribution of scientific productivity. Scientometrics, 2(1), 3-34
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gonzalo Méndez, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2012 (Jun 26, 2012) pp. 721–730
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.