How did you make that video? A process for creating engaging digital stories
Annie Warren, Leanna Archambault, Arizona State University, United States ; Rider Foley, University of Virginia, United States
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in New Orleans, LA, USA ISBN 978-1-939797-12-4 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
This paper provides an opportunity to discuss the practice, design, and process used to create meaningful and impactful digital stories for a newly developed course on the topic of sustainability that is required at a major research-extensive university in the desert southwest. This session aims to be both process-driven and reflective with the goal of articulating specific steps that went into creating digital stories. While the authors acknowledge that there are many ways to create and develop digital stories, we suggest that an iterative development process may offer a successful model worth reviewing, discussing, and replicating.
Warren, A., Archambault, L. & Foley, R. (2014). How did you make that video? A process for creating engaging digital stories. In T. Bastiaens (Ed.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning (pp. 2024-2026). New Orleans, LA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 10, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/149088/.
© 2014 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Educause. (2007). 7 things you should know about digital storytelling. Educause. Retrieved from https://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ELI7021.pdf Czarnecki, K. (2009). Software for digital storytelling. Library Technology Reports, 45(7), 31.
- Robin, B. (2008). Digital storytelling: A powerful technology tool for the 21st century classroom. Theory into Practice, 47, 220-228.
- Spierling, U. (2002). Digital storytelling. Computers& Graphics, 2, 1-2.
- Sustainability Science Education. (2014). Retrieved from http://sse.asu.edu
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- presentation_3065_44028.pptx (Access with Subscription)