Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Atlanta, GA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-52-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Three electronic portfolio systems used in teacher education programs are compared and contrasted, with emphasis on challenges unique to the large-scale implementation of an electronic portfolio system. Large scale is defined as a system that is used by more than 1,000 students. Panelists discuss several of the current “hot topics” in electronic portfolio development. The benefits and challenges of template and open tools electronic systems are discussed, as well as the issues key to management of student portfolio information. Additionally, the use of electronic portfolios in student and programmatic evaluation is discussed.
Crockett, K., Ring, G. & Peloff, D. (2004). Large Scale Implementation of Electronic Portfolio in Teacher Education Programs. In R. Ferdig, C. Crawford, R. Carlsen, N. Davis, J. Price, R. Weber & D. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2004--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 78-82). Atlanta, GA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 18, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/11946/.
- Barton, J. And Collins, A. (1993). Portfolios in teacher education. Journal of Teacher Education, 44, 200-210.
- Morin, J. (1995). Portfolios: An effective tool used by prospective teachers to encourage selfevaluation and improvement. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the National Evaluation Institute, Kalamazoo, MI (ERIC Reproduction Document No. 391806).
- NCATE (1995). Standards, procedures, and policies for the accreditation of professional education units. (ERIC Reproduction Service No. ED3855).
- Paulson, F.L., Paulson, P.R., & Meyer, C.A. (1991). What makes a portfolio a portfolio? Educational Leadership, 48(5), 60-63.
- Read, D. And Cafolla, R. (1999) Multimedia Portfolios for Preservice Teachers: From Theory to Practice. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, v7 no2, p97-113.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.